UFWDA Guide to Honoring Private Property Owners
Honoring the rights of private property owners is not really different than obeying the rules when recreating on publically-managed land.
Our philosophy is straight forward: If you don’t have specific permission to wheel there then don’t.
- Get permission before you drive on private property
- Do not trespass
- Avoid riding in areas just because “everyone wheels here all the time without permission”
- Permission given to someone else to be on private property does not necessarily mean you have permission to be there
- When you trespass you blemish the reputation of all 4×4 users
- Your decision today impacts everyone else’s access tomorrow, including your own
- Before you drive on private property ask yourself
- Do I have permission to be here
- Does someone with whom I’m with have permission for ME to be here
- If your answer to either question is “no” or “I don’t know” then don’t drive there