UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 10:46:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,035 Posts in 3,241 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: Our image as seen by others! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our image as seen by others!  (Read 7609 times)
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 08:09:14 pm »

The final edits should be done at Noon tomorrow. 

I will then send a link to Carla for her review and to any others on the Board that want/need to review and approve it.  I've not gotten any directions on this step.

Then the DVD and/or download will be made available to Todd for the SEMA show.

The Board will need to decide who has access to it and where it will be available.  Milt is local and I can have him post it to the web site if requested.  Master copies can be made if asked.

Thanks for your patience.  This has been more challenging than anticipated, but I feel it came out well.  Dave

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Gene Ockert
UFWDA Vice President
ghost

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 08:17:13 pm »

Thanks Dave,

I thing you probably put a lot of work into this, so thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing this at SEMA when I get there next week.

Gene

member of UFWDA, Nevadabackroaders, BRC
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 08:21:32 pm »

Well, it was something I felt strongly was needed, so I didn't mind the work.  I just hope that it is effective. 

I would like to get some constructive feedback from you, Todd, and Marti after the SEMA show.  Thanks.   Smiley

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
dds4x4
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:01 pm »

Dave,

It's been awihle since AGM at Grand Junction, can you review the topic and length of this work and the audience it is meant for?

Depending on details, I know of a couple of Associations who might like a few copies.  Name your price.

Thanks,   ---Doug
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 06:28:47 am »

Doug,

This 7 minute video depicts a typical trail ride from the "Point of View" of a family.  They prepare for the day, meet other Club members, go on an organized trail ride, enjoy the scenery, etc.

The audience would be anyone who may not understand what we do when we enter the woods.  The media and general public see our dirty vehicles after a trail ride and assume we've been out tearing up the land. They get this impression from the media. 

On the weekends they may see "Testosterone TV" shows for Rally racing, Monster Jam, competition Rock Crawling, Extreme 4x4, etc.

This video belongs to United to distribute as they see fit.  I've simply produced it as a volunteer. I believe the goal is to make it widely available at little of no cost.

dds4x4
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »

EXCELLENT!!!

Can't wait to see it and get some copies!!

It sounds PERFECT!

Thanks for doing it!    ---Doug
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 06:50:13 am »

I have just watched the final edited version.  It came out great (in my opinion).  Wink  Now I need the BOD to review and approve it.  Then it will be shown at SEMA.

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:55 am »

Dave

Is there a link that we can get an electronic copy to review quickly?

I also think Carla is still on Vacation though.

Good work.  I know you put a lot of work into this, and we owe you a lot for your time and energy on this project.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43:40 am »

Dave,
Thank you very much for all of your time and effort spent on this project. You can never have enough great PR. Thanks again.
Marti
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 08:51:20 am »

You're welcome, Marti.  I hope that you will be pleased.  With the exception of the video camera operator/editor; everything was done by UFWDA volunteers.  Grin

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 01:53:24 pm »

Dave

Outstanding work on this video.
This is something we can be very proud to show our members and organizations.

I showed it to some of the Stewards of the Sierra's at the VLLS, and they loved it.
They are also working on one at the present time, and I looked at it.  I gave them a few ideas about changes for theirs that they are working on.
They are not ready to go into final press with theirs yet.

I did not get a copy of it though, and should have.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »

Thanks, Todd. 

I have received the Master DVDs. Once the BOD decides on packaging, Chris Pagan can begin the artwork.  Then we can duplicate and distribute as many as we need.
If the BOD wants to put it on the UFWDA web site, I can arrange that immediately with Milt.

I would like to see the Stewards of the Sierra's video when it is ready.

Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs
ghost

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:45 pm »

I was wondering if I could have the link to the video being discussed...I can't seem to locate it in this thread. Thanks.

Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Executive Vice President/Chief Editor, Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.
95 XJ aka Dream Angel
http://www.DeepWoodsExtreme.com
http://www.nea4wd.org
Dave Logan
ghost

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »

The link I had mentioned went directly to the videographer's ftp site.  This was done to allow the BoD to review the rough draft version of the video in low resolution and approve it.  The finished video is ready and I believe is currently being copyrighted.  Someone on the UFWDA Board can give you an expected release date.  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: Our image as seen by others! « previous next »
Jump to: