UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 01:46:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,062 Posts in 3,265 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Let four wheel drive businesses know that you are a member of United « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let four wheel drive businesses know that you are a member of United  (Read 1356 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« on: July 18, 2007, 12:30:53 pm »

Hi All,
It woud be very beneficial to us all if you would mention that you are a member of United Four Wheel Drive Associations whenever you are dealing with a business that is related to four wheel drive vehicles. In some cases the business will give a discount to United members and it helps them track the benefit of their advertising dollars. Whether they are members or not it will be beneficial to us all to mention it so that even if they are not members they may want to become members. As you know there is power in numbers and in order for our voice to be heard even louder we need to increase those numbers. Thank you!
Marti
Ari Adler
ghost

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:04 pm »

Since I joined United via my statewide association (Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association), I have only a GLFWDA membership number. If someone joins United directly, do they get a United membership number? I guess the question is, how do we prove to businesses that we are a United member if our membership comes through another organization.   Huh

Ari B. Adler
UFWDA member #947
KD8CXP
East Lansing, MI
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:46:22 pm »

Ari,

Do you get the Voice?  If so, check on the label with your name and address.  There is a UFWDA Member number.  But just to save you the trouble of having to check for yourself, I looked you up in our member database.  I've PM'd you your Member Number (in case you want to keep it private)  Wink unlike Todd, who has it as part of his sig file, right Todd?!!!  Grin

~M~
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:47:06 pm »

Oh yea, sorry, should have clarified - all UFWDA Members who receive the Voice, get a member number.

~M~
Ari Adler
ghost

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:57:02 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for looking that up for me!

Ari B. Adler
UFWDA member #947
KD8CXP
East Lansing, MI
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 01:07:16 pm »

Marti, sorry, I feel like I hijacked your thread. 

GREAT SUGGESTION and one we should all try.  If businesses have us all asking if they offer discounts for UFWDA _and_ XYZ Association or ABC Club etc, sooner or later they are going to want in on the action - that is those businesses not already in on the action.  Smiley The more WE help spread the word ourselves we are promoting ourselves.  What simpler, easier, FREE advertising could we get?

~M~
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 01:30:55 pm »

I am special, and took the special bus to work today  Roll Eyes  Shocked  Huh

I am proud to display my UFWDA number in my sig.

I can remove it though!  Grin

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:34:20 pm »

Another suggestion would be that any event that is put on or  club flyer or business card you make for your organization show the United logo if space allows.  Also having some Voices available at an event where non-United members may participate is always good--especially if it has a membership application in it.
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 03:18:39 pm »

Hi All,
Thank you all for your suggestions. I hope that everyone will take this to heart and start letting them know whenever you are making a purchase or at an event. The more our name is out there the better off we are. We are all united for one cause. Melissa, you did not hijack my thread. i am happy that people are reading it and responding. Thanks again and if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks Again
Marti
Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs
ghost

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 12:32:41 pm »

What if we are members through our Association but we don't get the Voice? Can we use the number of someone in our group who does get the Voice?

Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Executive Vice President/Chief Editor, Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.
95 XJ aka Dream Angel
http://www.DeepWoodsExtreme.com
http://www.nea4wd.org
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Let four wheel drive businesses know that you are a member of United « previous next »
Jump to: