UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 07:59:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in  (Read 18171 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 08:18:06 am »

Keith

Thanks for your questions.

There is a vehicle limit, and I do not want to quote a number right now, as I do not remember it.
Marti can probably answer that later though.

We hope that this is a huge event like Camp Jeep.  our goal at least.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 09:22:47 am »

Keith,

The vehicle limit is still being discussed. We would like for it to be a large event and still give everyone the opportunity to run most, if not all of the trails at Oak Ridge. We will have to wait and see what kind of response we get when the registration begins. I would definitely sign up as soon as possible when the registration opens to make sure you get a spot. More details will be given at this site as time goes on.

Marti
Chris
ghost

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 06:14:25 pm »

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, I already have time off slotted at work. Its not that far of drive for me coming from PA, but I'd like to set up accomidations ASAP. Do you guys have a time frame when registration is going to start?
Chris Boucher
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:25 pm »

Hi Chris,
Which Chris are you?  The first post here says registrations will begin October 30th.  I can't wait!
Chris Boucher
Chris
ghost

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 08:05:56 pm »

I'm new to the board, and yes I feel dumb for not checking the 1st post. I'll be driving down from Amish country in Pa, this will be my first big event. I hit 2 jeeps shows this year(York being the biggest), and am looking forward to coming down there. I'm trying to get a few co-workers to bring thier Jeeps as well.
Darryl Allen
ghost

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 08:29:09 pm »

Way cool idea.  Can't wait for it.  If the numbers exceed the capacity of Oak Ridge there is Crozet right up the road for spill over

Darryl

Darryl Allen
Hard Rock Crawlers
Southern Md
Chris Boucher
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 04:49:44 am »

Yeah, but I understand Crozet is only good for 40 vehicles.
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 01:59:54 pm »

And Crozet is a private venue and they just recently changed their rules for wheeln there. I think there will be a limit before there is a spill over and having people drive OFF site to wheel.

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 03:43:23 pm »

Three weeks and counting.....

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
John Cuoghi
ghost

Teenagers, need I say more

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 07:42:49 am »

Instead of having a spill over to Crozier, how about having a difficult run there and limiting it to 25 vehicles.  That way there is a run that is much more challenging than Oak Ridge can provide.  They can run the more difficult trails at Oak Ridge the first day and then Crozier the second day.  That will clear up the difficult trails for the second day.

Puddle Pirate
LIFE IS SHORT,
EAT, SLEEP, JEEP
Chris Boucher
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 10:14:57 am »

The coordinators are working with Oak Ridge only.  Nothing has been setup with Crozet management.   
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:25 am »

John,
Thank you for your suggestion. While it is a great idea in theory there are several reasons that we are working exclusively with Oak Ridge for the event. We hope to see you there. Be sure to watch this thread for further details.
Thanks
Marti
Chris Boucher
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 11:02:01 am »

John,
Thank you for your suggestion. While it is a great idea in theory there are several reasons that we are working exclusively with Oak Ridge for the event. We hope to see you there. Be sure to watch this thread for further details.
Thanks
Marti

...and THAT folks, is why Marti is the United Business Development Manager, and I am not. Grin
Sorry if my answer was curt, John, it wasn't meant to be.
Pete Kofira
ghost

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 06:31:37 pm »

When's the call for guides and volunteers? 
Chris Boucher
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 07:19:01 pm »

Well, you started it Pete, so let's get going.  If you would like to volunteer to be a trail guide (specify lead or tailgunner) please e-mail me direct at toynrnd@cox.net and we'll start putting a list together.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in « previous next »
Jump to: