UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:42:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,046 Posts in 3,252 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in  (Read 19546 times)
John Nachman
ghost

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2007, 11:07:59 pm »

Registered.

I too was thinking that the registration fee was per vehicle.  If it is per person, I need to know soon so I can decide if I need to register anyone else.

Plus, now that the registration form is on line, you can't look at the flyer for details.  Realize that some things still need to be worked out, but those registering now or registering on blind faith.  Beside the obvious t-shirt and trail riding, what is my money covering?
Reading the flier, it's not clear if the registration is individual, per vehicle or family. I always hope for family or per vehicle, so I can keep my family involved in my hobby. I like to think this is a family event. I can definitely see charging for extra meals and t-shirts, however.

Capital City Four Wheelers, Va4WDA, U4WDA, Scrambler Owners Assn., NCBBA
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2000, 2002 & 2008 Grand Cherokees, 2005 Ford F250SD, 2004 Acura MDX, and 1976 CJ-7 in a lot of pieces
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2007, 10:02:25 am »

Hi ALL!
The registration fee is per vehicle (that means it covers the number of occupants for which you have seatbelts) Additional vehicle occupants who are not the driver will not receive a meal ticket or t-shirt, however, they may purchase t-shirts or meal tickets. Details for purchasing additional t-shirts and meal tickets will be posted soon. Please post any questions that you may have, I will get back to you as soon as possible. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, my DSL was down. Thank you for your patience.
Marti
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:43:25 am by Marti Pugh » Logged
Eric Kohl
ghost

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2007, 11:23:04 am »

Thanks for the clarification.

1982 Jeep Scrambler SOA, SRS, Waggy 44s detroited, 35" MTRs, Warn 9000, Auto, 4.10s
2002 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L, 2" BB, custom winch mount in progress
Mike & Lu Anne Clark
ghost

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07:44 pm »

We're registered!  Yeah!  But, I have a question.  When I registered as a member and said I'd pay by check, the initial confirmation came back asking me to send a check for $75, not $65.  Did I miss something along the way?
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2007, 01:23:16 pm »

Lu Anne (and everyone),

Late yesterday we noticed an error on the "online" registration page.  The CORRECT price for UFWDA Members _IS_ $75.  The correct price for non-UFWDA members is $105.  Since it was a mistake on our end and yesterday was a day earlier than we had anticipated for online-registration to actually be up and running, those of you who got registered yesterday got an "early bird special" and UFWDA will "eat" the $10.

Please remember everyone - this is a fundraiser for UFWDA.  For all intents and purposes we may not make a dime - we may just break even.  Time will tell.  Much depends on how many people show up - how many raffle tickets get purchased - etc. - etc. - etc.

Marti Pugh, the first ever Business Development Manager for UFWDA set out to provide UFWDA members with something FUN!  We are working hard to ensure that FUN is what happens.  This is our first ever trail ride.  Although many of the names and faces are familiar to you from Camp Jeep or possibly the Virginia annual ride, please keep in mind those of us here at UFWDA are new at this and doing our best.  We are eternally grateful for the help and advice of more experienced "trail ride" gurus - like Chris Boucher.

Thanks to everyone so far - for signing up - and for your questions, comments and feedback.  We will be putting up a FAQs thread very soon to help with some of the other Qs&As along the way.

Melissa
Chris Boucher
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2007, 01:44:59 pm »

Don't worry, United will get their $10 back from me (and then some) in the raffle.  That's where the big money is to be made!
Mark H. Easter
ghost

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2007, 01:54:01 pm »

OK, I got registered!  THANKS Melissa!

I too will spend bucks on raffle and extra T-Shirts!  (Hope they look good!)

I am really looking forward to this event like all events at Oak Ridge!

John Nachman
ghost

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2007, 06:10:07 pm »

Don't worry, United will get their $10 back from me (and then some) in the raffle.  That's where the big money is to be made!
Thanks for the clarifications...

You'll definitely make it up on me in the raffle, too.

Capital City Four Wheelers, Va4WDA, U4WDA, Scrambler Owners Assn., NCBBA
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2000, 2002 & 2008 Grand Cherokees, 2005 Ford F250SD, 2004 Acura MDX, and 1976 CJ-7 in a lot of pieces
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2007, 01:13:20 am »

Hey Folks. I have a few questions. Will we be wheeling all 3 days? Will we be wheeling all the trails like at the Annual? Is there a limit to the number of participants? Is there a hotel that UFWDA recommends, and do they give a discount to participants?

Thanks,
Be well,
Richard
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:22:21 am by Richard Drechsel » Logged

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Chris Boucher
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2007, 07:19:36 am »

I have 2 answers for you...

We will be wheeling Friday and Saturday. 

We will be running the Oak Ridge trail system in loop fashion, just like the Oak Ridge Jeep Jamboree and the VA4WDA Trail Ride.

BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2007, 10:58:25 am »

For lodging, check out http://www.nelsoncounty.com/visit/lodging

This is a listing for Nelson County.  If your looking for a Holiday Inns or Best Westerns, you will have to drive to: Charlottesville to the north, Lynchburg to the south and Waynesboro to the north west, ALL within a 30min drive.

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Matt Coffey
ghost

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2007, 11:50:40 am »

I ll be staying in Waynesboro  Grin they have the 24 hr Wal-mart  LOL

Matt Coffey
S.V.4.W.
05 LJ
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2007, 12:42:47 pm »

Yea, you're just going to stay in W'boro cuz you LIVE there!!!   Tongue

I'm gonna stay in Shipman - cuz it's only about a mile from the event -  Grin.

~M~
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2007, 01:20:18 pm »

Theres 2 SuperWalmarts that I know of in Lynchburg, the Walmart in Charlottesville isn't SUPER, and I believe Wayenesboro is the newest in this area. There is also a Target that has opend in Waynesboro too...

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Kevin DiFazio
ghost

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2007, 03:30:32 pm »

Registered and all set.

Thanks Melissa for all of your help with meber numbers and zip codes.

See you in April.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: United Four Wheel Drive Associations Wheel-in « previous next »
Jump to: