UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 08:49:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,035 Posts in 3,241 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: signage, posters, ect. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: signage, posters, ect.  (Read 1014 times)
Gregg Jackson
ghost

« on: September 14, 2007, 06:50:01 am »

I have been contacted by the the folks at George Washington National Forest Dry River District about some signage for there kiosks at the trail head. We have been having issues with illegal cross country trails and trash, ect. Do we have anything put together for this?
While talking with them over the last couple of years it has been discussed that if we put our logo and name out there with the forest service, that it might hit some of these people that we are part of the solution and not the problem. Hopefully some of the illegal stuff will stop, and like the trail patrol program, make folks think twice before they do something illegal.
dds4x4
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »

Sounds like a GREAT plan.
When we were at Colorado, they have a "Stay the Trails" program that goes around and promotes "Responsible Trail Riding" and to encourage users to stay on the existing trails and not wonder off track.  They had lots of signage and handout materials.
Gregg Jackson
ghost

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:43 am »

Thanks Doug, I will check them out.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 09:57:35 pm »

Is there a volunteer trail patrol for the area?
If there is, get them to hand out info as part of their duties.
Rubicon Trail Patrol does this at the entrances.

Works pretty good.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Gregg Jackson
ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:09:07 am »

yes, I am also the lead for the trail patrol as well. We have  peremission to do this already. but with thje amount of areas with damage, we discussed just the fact of our name with  theres could possably help. If its not cool to do it then most wont.
thanks for the ideas, keep em coming.
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:57:40 am »

Gregg many of the CO State Clubs do Kiosks, Info Center and Maps in Conjunction with the FS.  If you have particular questions you might contact them directly http://www.hightrails.org or send me an e-mail and I will see what information I can get for you.

- Shawn

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: signage, posters, ect. « previous next »
Jump to: