UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:17:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,058 Posts in 3,262 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's  (Read 17196 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« on: November 08, 2007, 10:46:52 am »

Q. How can I register?
A. On line: There is a registration on the website.
Mail: You may take the registration out of the forum and mail it into the office.
Telephone: You may call the office and register with our Administrative Officer, the number is 1-800-44ufwda.

Q. Where can I find my member number if I do not remember it?
A. You may email the Membership Director at membership@ufwda.org

Q.  Do I need my membership number?
A. Yes, there is a discount for members and you will need to have your number to register.

Q. What methods of payment can I use?
A. Credit Card: you may use a credit card on the website, on the phone or you may use it with the mail in registration.
Check: you may send in a check with your mail in registration.
Money order: you may send it in with the mail in registration.

Q. What is the registration deadline?
A. The deadline for the registration is March 18, 2008

Q. Is there a limit on the number of vehicles allowed?
A. Yes, there is a limit.

Q. What does the registration fee cover?
A. It covers the driver of the vehicle. It will include a t-shirt and meal ticket for the driver only.

Q. How can I purchase additional meal tickets and t-shirts for passengers?
A. You may purchase additional meal tickets or t-shirts on the registration form with the mail in registration.
    If you register on the phone you may purchase the additional items with the office manager.
    If you sign up on line, you may purchase the items on the store website.

Q. Are children allowed?
A. yes

Q. Can I bring coolers with non-alcoholic beverages or outside food to the event?
A. yes

Q. What is going on the first day of the event and when should I arrive?
A. Registration will begin on Thursday the 10th of April at 4:00 p.m.. There will be vendors set up and activities for the kids.

Q. Where can I stay that is close to the site?
A. We will have a thread about accommodations listed in the Wheel-in post.

Q. Where is Oak Ridge?
A. It is located in Nelson County Virginia.

Q. What's the weather like in Nelson County, VA. In the middle of April?
A.  The high temperature is typically in the mid to upper 50s.  I'm sure the weather will be perfect for the Wheel-in.

Q.  What are the Oak Ridge trails like?
A.  The Oak Ridge trail system consists of 42+ miles of trails located on private property in Nelson County, VA.  There are creek crossings, steep hill climbs, and a few rock     climbs.  There is very little mud (unless it rains, then watch out)  The trails are fairly easy with some harder obstacles sprinkled throughout the trail system.  Camp Jeep has been held here 6 times.  Please note Oak Ridge is private property and does not allow open wheeling.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:07:03 am by Marti Pugh » Logged
Jennifer Leslie
ghost

FM2CD & VA4WDA Member at Large

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 11:06:33 am »

Is there a limit on the number of vehicles allowed?
Yes, there is a limit.

Do you know what the limit is yet?
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:44:07 am »

Jennifer,
We have a limit, however, we have not made a final decision on the number. We will let everyone know when that decision has been made.
Thanks
Marti
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:05:08 pm »

Hey Marti. Thanks for posting the FAQ list, that really helped out.

I did check the UFWDA Store and saw the shirts, but no meal tickets though?

Be well,
Richard

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 10:53:17 pm »

Richard,
Actually, I typed too soon. The t-shirts and meal tickets are not on the store site yet. They will be up and running soon and you can order them after they are posted on the store site. Sorry about that, we were not able to get them on the registration site, however, they will be up on the store site very soon. Thank you for signing up and we will see you at the Wheel-in!
Marti
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:56:47 pm by Marti Pugh » Logged
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 04:59:38 pm »

Marti said:

Q. Where can I find my member number if I do not remember it?
A. You may email the Membership Director at membership@ufwda.org

This is absolutely correct with _one_ minor disclaimer everyone........

I do not have internet access at home (yes, this is on purpose, lucky me!).  I do tech support at work, so refuse to do it at home  Grin.

That means that I will only see your "request for membership numbers" Monday - Friday between 8AM and 5PM est.  Please be patient if you are requesting your Member Number over a weekend.  I will reply to you as quickly as possible upon my return to the electronic world on Monday.

You can ALSO find your UFWDA Membership Number on the label of the Voice.  If you haven't already, you should be receiving one very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your support of the WHEEL IN!

Melissa
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:39:53 am by Melissa Simmons » Logged
Mike & Lu Anne Clark
ghost

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 08:20:33 am »

We are already registered, but are considering bringing a second vehicle for our son to wheel as well.  We know we would have to probably do another registration for that vehicle, but wondered if we would still get the member discount since we got it the first time we registered? 

Also, one other question.  Is there a minimum age limit on who can drive at the Wheel-In, as long as the driver is fully licensed? 

Thanks!

Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 09:09:36 pm »

Mike and Lu Anne,
You may sign up for a second vehicle under your membership. If you have any trouble let us know and we will work it out for you.
There are no restrictions on age as long as the driver is licensed.
Thank you for registering and look forward to seeing you there.
Thanks
Marti
dds4x4
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 06:22:28 am »

Marti,
If I missed this question, sorry for having to repeat the answer.
What is the cancellation policy for registrations?

I have a potential conflict that may not be settled until closer to the event.
If it clears, I would like to add the UFWDA Wheel-in to our calendar.
Thus far we have not registered.
Thanks,   
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 10:19:13 pm »

Hello once again Marti!

I also have a few friends that would like to attend, but won't know schedules until the event gets closer.  Has any determination been made yet as to the cancellation policy?  Also, has the cutoff number of registered vehicles been established.  And, if so, where is it currently?

Thanks in advance, be well,
Richard

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:44:34 am »

Richard,
We are still determining the number of vehicles that will be allowed at the event. The cancellation policy is as follows:
Members: You may receive a 50% refund if the cancellation is done prior to February 29, 2008. Any cancellation after that date would not be refunded.
Non-Members: The same applies to non-members with the exception of their $30 membership dues.

I hope this helps in your planning.
Thanks
Marti
Doug Fritz
ghost

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 11:23:36 am »

Just curious about registration....  Is it still open?  Our club (B4W) had our Christmas Party last night and we have around 10 members interested in going.  I am trying to spearhead the information gathering and heard a rumor that registration is closed.  Is this true? 

Doug Fritz
Baltimore 4 Wheelers
89 YJ - Some stock stuff left.
06 Commander
9ersgirl
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 09:31:56 pm »

Just curious about registration.... Is it still open? Our club (B4W) had our Christmas Party last night and we have around 10 members interested in going. I am trying to spearhead the information gathering and heard a rumor that registration is closed. Is this true?

Let's squash those rumors!!!  Registration is absolutely open!!! 
You can register at a discounted rate as a UFWDA member.  You will need your Membership # to receive that discount.  If you do not know your # email me at the Office and I will be happy to get that for you!

Amanda Cottrell
UFWDA Administrative Officer

Doug Fritz
ghost

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 08:32:34 am »

Excellent!  Thank you.   Smiley

Doug Fritz
Baltimore 4 Wheelers
89 YJ - Some stock stuff left.
06 Commander
Loc Pham
ghost

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 01:20:05 pm »

Hi,

I'm a member of UFWDA and by mistake I registered for the Wheel-In event as a non-member. I tried to register again as a member but I got a system message saying I already registered. So I decided to send a note explaining my mistake along with a check of $75 as the cost for member registration. I also wrote my UFWDA membership number on my check. I mailed the letter on the 24th of December 2007. I didn't get any response and my check hasn't cashed yet. Not sure if the letter arrived or not. I sent it to the address UFWDA   Attn: Wheel-In 2008   14525 SW Millikan Way #22622   Beaverton, OR 97005.

My mistaken Wheel-In registration ID: 138 for non-member. I don't have my UFWDA membership with me as of this writing. But will provide it if it's necessary.

Thanks,
Loc Pham
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Jump to: