UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:02:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's  (Read 15313 times)
Tony Wheeler
ghost

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »

There isn't time to pull over for lunch and eat.  Shocked

Make sure you bring something good so you can share with everyone.  Wink  Usually in the past the guides up there stop for about a half hour or so. Usually it is discussed among the group once you take off and someone starts getting hungry. You can bring snacks and such and snack along the way. I would suggest getting in Lyle's group he is getting up there in age and has to stop for lunch or he gets cranky.  Kiss

Tony
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 02:27:37 pm »

We are also going to have a food vendor for the participants to purchase dinner at the Vendor area since you have to be present for the free raffle.

Marti
Al Handy
ghost

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 04:31:23 pm »

Hi Marti,

Several Questions (hopefully they weren't ans. else where):

1. Meal tickets, what are they for, lunch or dinner?
2. Are you looking for vol. for trail guides?
3. How are we being assigned the trails we will be on?
4. Can one switch to a different trail if they already been assigned?
5. Who is playing at the concert?
6. If one (or one's loved ones) wants a break from trail riding, will the mansion be open for tours?
7. Are we wheeling in the rain (memories of Camp Jeep)?
8. I know I signed up, I must look for my return e-mail, are we going to conformation in the form of snail mail (USPS)?
9. Can we skip a trail ride or two, come back later in the day to go out with the "next" ride, assuming this will be like Camp Jeep?
10. If I pick up one of the NY Governor's friends on the way down, can I register them on Wednesday or Thursday?

And finally I would like to thank you, and the others that are staging this...big round of applause!  Grin
I am so looking forward to this.

Al Handy
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 07:43:38 pm »

Hi Robert,
The registration will not close this Friday for the 4WD Awareness classes. The registration link is on the home page of the UFWDA website on the right hand side of the page. It will be held at Oak Ridge Sunday April 13, 2008 at Oak Ridge Estate, the same location as the Wheel-in. It will begin at 9:00 a.m. and is a six hour course. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to help out.
Thanks
Marti

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I thought I would ask but because we're traverling so far we'll need the time Sunday to return home.

Thanks I'll try to get in the next one.... sounds like fun and a good learning expeirence even for the well rounded Jeeper!

Bob Temple

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Chris Boucher
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 07:48:37 pm »

Hi Al,
This is Marti's trail coordinator.  I am only authorized to answer 6-1/2 of your questions, so I selected ones I figured I could get correct.

2. Are you looking for vol. for trail guides?
A.  I have trail guides collected already.  If you want to throw your name in the hat, just shoot me a PM, and I'll let you know where we stand as far as # of guides, etc.

3. How are we being assigned the trails we will be on?
A.  Here is what is happening as far as trails (from another Wheel-in post):

"...We plan to run the Oak Ridge Loop for the Wheel-in, which is a combination of all the 17 trails used at Camp Jeep, so your A and B trails are included.  We plan to start everyone at different points on the loop, wheel as much of the loop as you can on Day 1, pick up where you left off on Day 2.  Do not expect Tellico, Rausch Creek, Crozet, Wind Rock, etc.  God did not bless us with such terrain on the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge.    Some consider Oak Ridge on par with Uwharrie.  There is plenty of bark at Oak Ridge, and plenty to bite you there as well...."

So every group will run all sections of the trail loop, they will just start at different locations on said loop on day 1 and resume the loop on day 2.

4. Can one switch to a different trail if they already been assigned?
A.  Trails have not been assigned.  We will stage up in 10+ lines, so if you want to ride with your freinds and/or club members try to arrive at the same time Friday morning at staging, so you can line up together.  HOPEFULLY many of you will want to meet and wheel with some new folks, so selecting a line will not matter.  

6. If one (or one's loved ones) wants a break from trail riding, will the mansion be open for tours?
A/2.  (This is only half an answer)  Breaks from trailriding will be difficult, but not impossible.  The loop crosses the county roads in many places, at those points you will be able to leave your group after discussing it with the trail guides, however, you will not be able to rejoin your group.  Plan on riding from 9-4 like the schedule says.

7. Are we wheeling in the rain (memories of Camp Jeep)?
A.  Yes.  However, we may have to close portions of the trail loop to ensure participant safety, and for resource protection.  During our Jeep Jamboree 2 weeks ago, we got about 1-1/2" of rain.  The good news was, no one broke any axle shafts or driveshafts because of the lack of traction.  The bad news was, we winched A LOT because of the lack of traction.

9. Can we skip a trail ride or two, come back later in the day to go out with the "next" ride, assuming this will be like Camp Jeep?
A.  As stated above, we will be running a loop system, wheeling from 9-4 both days.  Once the rides start, leaving your group will be difficult but not impossible, rejoining your group will NOT be possible.

10.  If I pick up one of the NY Governor's friends on the way down, can I register them on Wednesday or Thursday?
A.  If you have that kind of disposable income, where you could "bring" one of the NY Governor's friends, and then just take them trail riding, United sure could use a donation from you. Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:50:09 pm by Chris Boucher » Logged
Al Handy
ghost

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 07:03:01 am »

Chris, Thank you.  I will check in with you when I arrive, if you need a tail gunner or a guide I will make myself available.  As long as I can get to all the trails.  And if I could afford the ex-NY gov's habits I would be living at Oak Ridge  Grin.  Just had to throw that in there! 

Chris Sine please read below:

A.  As stated above, we will be running a loop system, wheeling from 9-4 both days.  Once the rides start, leaving your group will be difficult but not impossible, rejoining your group will NOT be possible.

Make sure you have a full tank of gas in the morning (both days  Grin)  That goes for me too, come to think of it.

Thanks again.

Al

Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:40 am »

I will try to answer the other questions for you, although Chris did a great job!

1. The meal tickets are for a catered dinner Saturday night. There will be a food vendor available at the vendor area so that you can stick around at night for the free raffle Thursday and Friday evening. You will be responsible for your own lunch.

2. The band is called Mo Debree. They are out of Richmond, Virginia and have a large following. They have a website that is www.modebree.com if you would like to check them out. They are pretty good and I am looking forward to seeing them play.

I think between Chris and I we have covered all of the questions. Please feel free to post any other questions and I will try to help.
Thanks
Marti
Chris Boucher
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 07:32:47 am »

Wait...I did 6-1/2 answers and you did 2 Marti, that's only 8-1/2 answers.  What did we leave out?

Here goes:
A/2.  The mansion will NOT be open for tours.

That's 9 answers.

OK Marti, the last one is yours...

8. I know I signed up, I must look for my return e-mail, are we going to conformation in the form of snail mail (USPS)?
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:59 am »

Oops, I missed one, sorry about that.

8. You should get an email soon confirming your registration, however, if you do not get an email and you have registered DO NO PANIC. It simply means that the correct email address was lost in translation somewhere. We have a list that is generated from the website so I do no think that we will miss anyone. All of the information that you will need that is not currently posted will be given to you when you register on Thursday night in a registration packet.

I think we covered them all, but please feel free to ask more questions if you need to.
Thanks
Marti
9ersgirl
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

Al Handy,

I can confirm your registration for you. 

You are registration #54 and are all set for the wheel in.  If you need any additional shirts or Meal tickets be sure to order them today, as it is also the last day to order the extras.

Amanda Cottrell
Terry Haglund
ghost

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 10:14:30 am »

Amanda...please tell me how to order three more shirts and meals.

Thanks!
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 10:21:40 am »

Amanda...please tell me how to order three more shirts and meals.

Thanks!

Not Amanda, but here is the URL to the Wheel-IN stuff in the store. http://www.ufwda.org/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=ccf7e99a515c5a5b381928fbcb97a7fc

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Chris Sine
ghost

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 11:22:45 am »

Al, I will make sure I have a full tank of gas  Grin Thanks guys for the return info on Al's' questions as part of them I think were generated by my GF. BTW Al are you client 13.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:24:34 am by Chris Sine » Logged
Eric Kohl
ghost

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 07:47:54 pm »

Looks like I'm not going to be making the trip.  I've been doing a lot of driving lately putting over 2,400 miles in last 2 weekend trips to TN and have one more to go.  That just takes a lot of zing out of making another 1,000 mile round trip for the wheelin.   I believe the cancellation deadline has already passed.  Instead of having my t-shirt and any other goodies mailed, can I just have a friend pick it up at the registration table?

1982 Jeep Scrambler SOA, SRS, Waggy 44s detroited, 35" MTRs, Warn 9000, Auto, 4.10s
2002 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L, 2" BB, custom winch mount in progress
9ersgirl
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 09:19:25 pm »

Eric, 

That should be fine, email or PM me at the office and I'll make a note of it.  I'll need to know who you want your things to go to in the email or PM. 

Sorry We won't see you there, but your reasons are perfectly understandable!

Amanda Cottrell
UFWDA Administrative Officer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Jump to: