UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:30:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,064 Posts in 3,267 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's  (Read 17298 times)
John Nachman
ghost

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2008, 12:20:20 am »

Looks like I'm not going to be making the trip.  I've been doing a lot of driving lately putting over 2,400 miles in last 2 weekend trips to TN and have one more to go.  That just takes a lot of zing out of making another 1,000 mile round trip for the wheelin.   I believe the cancellation deadline has already passed.  Instead of having my t-shirt and any other goodies mailed, can I just have a friend pick it up at the registration table?
Eric...you're going to put a hurt on Scrambler showing......

Capital City Four Wheelers, Va4WDA, U4WDA, Scrambler Owners Assn., NCBBA
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2000, 2002 & 2008 Grand Cherokees, 2005 Ford F250SD, 2004 Acura MDX, and 1976 CJ-7 in a lot of pieces
Glen McIver
ghost

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2008, 10:26:16 am »

If everyone is traveling the same trail(s)/trail loop as has been indicated, then is that to say that there are no grades of difficulity such that the novice/early intermediate drivers might be able to stick to trails more appropriate for their skill and confidence level ?  My wife and I have some experience on basic trails in a stock Wrangler and hopefully are not destined for two days of driving situations that are out of our league.   

---------------------------------------
excerpt from an earlier post:
How are we being assigned the trails we will be on?
A.  Here is what is happening as far as trails (from another Wheel-in post):

"...We plan to run the Oak Ridge Loop for the Wheel-in, which is a combination of all the 17 trails used at Camp Jeep, so your A and B trails are included.  We plan to start everyone at different points on the loop, wheel as much of the loop as you can on Day 1, pick up where you left off on Day 2.  Do not expect Tellico, Rausch Creek, Crozet, Wind Rock, etc.  God did not bless us with such terrain on the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge.    Some consider Oak Ridge on par with Uwharrie.  There is plenty of bark at Oak Ridge, and plenty to bite you there as well...."

So every group will run all sections of the trail loop, they will just start at different locations on said loop on day 1 and resume the loop on day 2.
Norm Ralston
ghost

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2008, 11:53:49 am »

Glen, please relax and enjoy your 'wheeling vacation. Boucher can add with his reply, but the trails were built with everyone in mind. Remember Camp is held here. There are bypasses and more than one line. While you are taking the easy route, others will be flogging their rigs on the HARD stuff. There will be very talented guides to assist you, as well.
Galen
ghost

Trail Guide Extrodinaire

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:23 am »

Glen, Norm has it right. When we do the "Oak Ridge Loop" Everyone sees the same trails, everyone sees the same obstacles. It will be your choice when you get to an obstacle whether you take the obtacle or use the bypass. There is no trail on the "ORL" that can not be successfully negotiated by a stock Wrangler and a novice driver. It will likely take some help from your guides and possibly a strap, but we have never left anyone in the woods, yet. Grin 

You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."
Mike West
ghost

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2008, 05:17:55 pm »

10 more days !!!!!
Question, are we allowed to come down to registration on Thursday in a slightly more fuel efficient vehicle or is there a "safety inspection" when you check in?
I live in Charlottesville and was hoping to save a few $$$ for that full tank of gas when i get there Friday morning.

Side note: thanks Amanda for the registration help!
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2008, 08:25:04 pm »

Mike,
It is fine to come down in a fuel efficient vehicle. There will not be an inspection at registration.
See you there!
Marti
Brian Ray
ghost

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 08:35:39 pm »

Maybe I missed this but, what do we need to bring to check in?
I think I only have the email confirmation for payment.  Should I bring that? Anything else?
Thanks
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 10:19:19 pm »

Brian,
All of the participants will receive a confirmation email this week that will give you all of that information and more.
Thanks
Marti
Kimball S.
ghost

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 02:11:30 pm »

Will there be a place to park a tow rig and trailer on Friday and Saturday?

1979 712M
Galen
ghost

Trail Guide Extrodinaire

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

Kimball, there should be enough room at the staging area to leave the Dodge and the trailer. If not, I'll make sure there is room at the camping area for it (3 miles away).

You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 06:38:04 pm »

Not Kimball but according to the "Event Map" located here: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=1564.60;topicseen there is overnight rig and trailer parking...

- Shawn

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Kimball S.
ghost

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 07:08:47 pm »

Thanks Galen.

Yes, I did see the overnight parking, but I'm staying off site and want to trailer my rig to the event each day.  Worst case is that I drive it from Amherst, but I'd rather tow it.

1979 712M
Galen
ghost

Trail Guide Extrodinaire

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 07:11:09 pm »

Plenty of room nearby Kimball, don't sweat it. Likely be room in the "overnight" area for you during the day.

Wayne
ghost

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2008, 03:11:31 pm »

Due to work I will not be arriving till late Friday night. Can I still get checked in Saturday morning to ride the trails on Saturday??
Marti Pugh
ghost

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2008, 04:58:38 pm »

Wayne,
You can check in Saturday morning as long as you are there by 8:30 a.m..
Thanks
Marti
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-in FAQ's « previous next »
Jump to: