UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:31:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,046 Posts in 3,252 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-In Question « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wheel-In Question  (Read 3287 times)
Philip Sirota
ghost

« on: November 23, 2007, 12:43:57 am »

I have called and left a message on the 800 number asking some questions about items on this. No one has called back, so I signed up to post here and was hoping that someone would see it and answer or call me back. I plan to sign up for the ride as well as join the UFWDA.

Phil

06 Rubicon Unlimited 
4" FT Ultimate Lift
33" MT/R Goodyears
Skid Row Engine, Gas Tank & LCA Skids 
Warn M8000 & Steering Skid 
Jeep Rockcrawler Front Bumper
Body Armor Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier & Rock Sliders

You Could Follow, but You Should'nt
Chris Boucher
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 06:41:28 am »

Hi Phil,
I'm not sure when you called the office, but post your question and maybe someone here on the forums can answer it.
Chris
Philip Sirota
ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 10:29:38 am »

Chris,
I will give you the questions, what is the membership price for the ride, is there a charge for the other people in the Jeep, is there a motel HQ's, is the only camping primitive with porter-Potts's?Huh

We have looked into a State park and 2 other camp grounds near to the Wheel-In site, but are not sure which way to go without some other information. Also we are talking about a few Jeeps from around other States coming to ride.

Thanks for the help.....
Phil

06 Rubicon Unlimited 
4" FT Ultimate Lift
33" MT/R Goodyears

BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »

Hey Philip, the membership price is $75, its says $105 on the form, but when you input your MEMBER NUMBER, it gets reduced to $75. This covers vehicle and drivers shirt and meal ticket, passengers only need to pay for a meal ticket and shirt if they want. The primitive Camping that is offered is the closest camping. if you look at http://www.nelsoncounty.com/visit/lodging , there is a listing off all the campground, B&B and hotels in Nelson County, second closest camping is Lake Nelson Campgrounds. There are some campground up near Crapbree Falls and Montebello. I think there are also cabins you can rent. This event is open to ALL 4wd vehicles with a low range.

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
9ersgirl
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 05:59:51 pm »

I have called and left a message on the 800 number asking some questions about items on this. No one has called back, so I signed up to post here and was hoping that someone would see it and answer or call me back. I plan to sign up for the ride as well as join the UFWDA.

Phil
We apologize for not returning your call sooner.  The office is closed for the holiday (Wed., Thurs., & Fri.).  We will return on Monday.  If you have other questions that have not been answered here, please give us a call at 800-448-3932 from 8-5 CST and we will be happy to answer those for you!   Smiley

Ben has done a great job answering your questions that you have posted here.  I would however like to add that additional meal Tickets and Shirts for passengers can be purchased in the On-line Store for $15.00 Each.  That is a separate transaction from Registering for the event.  All additional meal tickets and Shirts will be available with your registration packet at sign-in. 

Also in your message you left at the office, you were inquiring about Membership to UFWDA.  Individual memberships start at $30.00 and go up to $1000.00 (Ambassador membership).  Any level of membership, can be joined on line or you may call the office and we can work though a membership together over the phone. 

Again if you have questions please give us a call on Monday and I would be more than happy to help you! 

Have a great Holiday weekend!

Amanda Cottrell
Administrative Officer
Philip Sirota
ghost

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 11:02:34 pm »

Grin Grin
Hello All,
First of all Thanks for all the information. I still may call you Amanda on Monday, I still have some other questions that a few guys that want to ride still have. I also may just sign up for both the ride & membership with you.

Again thanks.........

Phil

06 Rubicon Unlimited 
4" FT Ultimate Lift
33" MT/R Goodyears

Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 04:25:14 pm »

Philip,
I apologize for net getting back to you sooner. We had a vacation day on Friday. It looks as if most of your questions have been answered, however, if you sign up as a non-member then you will automatically become a member with UFWDA. That is the reason for the increase in cost for non-members. If you have any questions or would like to have something clarified for you please feel free to give me a call on my cell phone. The number is (434)465-5302. Thank you for your questions and let me know if I can help you with any other questions you may have.
Thanks
Marti
(Tattoo) Jack Utter
ghost

XJ's Rule...

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »

I see that the Village Inn is filled already. Does anyone know of the Hiiltop View Motel down near Kingswoodl? Is it cleanHuh I don't have any camping gear and don't feel like investing in any right now. It's hard to believe that there's so few motels near Oak Ridge.  Thanks for any help Cheesy

(Tattoo) Jack

'96 XJ, 4 1/2" lift, 33 MTZ's, LSD front & back with 4.10 gears, disconnects, and "stuff"

DON'T SHOP - ADOPT
"Save your Best Friend's Life - Adopt a Rescue"
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 05:12:47 pm »

Hi Jack,
I live I Virginia and I have never heard of Kingswood. I can tell you about hotels in Charlottesville or Lynchburg, both of which are about twenty - thirty minutes from the site. Just let me know which one suits you and I will be happy to give you a list.
Thanks
Marti
Crandall
ghost

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 09:21:33 pm »

Jack, That location is about 15 minutes or less from Oak Ridge, to the south on 29.  Don't know anything about the place however.
Frank McConnell
ghost

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 09:47:10 pm »

I see that the Village Inn is filled already. Does anyone know of the Hiiltop View Motel down near Kingswoodl? Is it cleanHuh I don't have any camping gear and don't feel like investing in any right now. It's hard to believe that there's so few motels near Oak Ridge.  Thanks for any help Cheesy

(Tattoo) Jack

Jack, I don't know much about the place. I've driven passed it many times and it never looked open. Give a ring and see

Frank

59 CJ5, 67 M715, 98 TJ, 01 F350 (jeep puller), 2004 Grand
(Tattoo) Jack Utter
ghost

XJ's Rule...

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 02:06:09 pm »

THANKS everyone.

I stayed @ a Best Western in Lynchburg, during CJ '07, and it was an easy on/off from the Highway, but would've liked something a little closer. 'Hilltop", I would call, but w/o seeing it UP CLOSE I'd hate to book it. "Been There, Done That" Shocked and wasn't happy when I arrived Angry  Yes, I drove by it also, but didn't stop. I'll find somethin'... 

Thanks again,  Tattoo Cool           

Don't Shop - Adopt
Save your Best Friends Life, Rescue a Dobermann
[/b]

'96 XJ, 4 1/2" lift, 33 MTZ's, LSD front & back with 4.10 gears, disconnects, and "stuff"

DON'T SHOP - ADOPT
"Save your Best Friend's Life - Adopt a Rescue"
LAURA STONE
ghost

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 08:55:04 am »

THE HILL TOP MOTEL IS FULL FOR THE WHEEL -IN . THE ONLY OTHER PLACES ARE EITHER IN AMHERT OR LYNCHBURG. I HOPE THIS INFORMATION WILL HELP.  LAURA STONE EVINGTON VA   
Crandall
ghost

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 09:46:45 pm »

You could try the Montebello camp ground at Crab Tree Falls off of Rt 56.  It is about 20-30 minutes from Oak Ridge. http://montebellova.com/   Waynesboro also has a few hotels to choose from.  It will take you about 45 minutes to get to Oak Ridge.  If you want to camp you can check out Misty camp ground on Rt 250 just off of 64.  They also have a few cabins.  It will take about thirty minutes or so to get to Oak Ridge.  Sherando Lake also has some camping available but takes no reservations.   It is on the way to Waynesboro if you go the back way.  Wintergreen Resort also has rooms, cabins, condos etc to rent.  Wintergreen is about twenty five minutes away.  Hope this helps
Mike & Lu Anne Clark
ghost

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 09:05:24 pm »

We are both originally from the area up there and still have family in Lynchburg and Monroe, (makes it very convenient accommodations for our frequent trips to Oak Ridge!), so we are very familiar with the area.  There are several motels in Madison Heights, which is between Lynchburg and Amherst, (and all on Business 29), and about 30 minutes or so from Oak Ridge.  Don't know much about these places these days, so can't make a recommendation, but they might be worth checking out.  The one farthest north is Knight's Inn, (434) 929-6506.  That place used to be a Holiday Inn many years and owners ago, and has on on-site restaurant.  The next one headed south is Thomas Motor Lodge, (434) 845-2121.  The one closet to Lynchburg and just over the river in Amherst County is America's Best Value Inns and Suites, (434) 845-7041.  This one used to be a Ho Jo's but I'm pretty sure the adjacent restaurant is closed now.  Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Wheel-In Question « previous next »
Jump to: