UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:30:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,046 Posts in 3,252 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Trail Ratings for the Wheel-In « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trail Ratings for the Wheel-In  (Read 5084 times)
Josh Howery
ghost

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 02:43:12 pm »

Im in the same predicament, wheel a stock no frills 1968 CJ-5 with 31x10.5 Goodyear GSAs  and tow hooks or if the trails will be a little nasty, a YJ with 33x12.5 trxus and a winch. HMMMMM Smiley

Ran our CJ5 with 31x10.50 BFG ATs open/open through all the trails there for the last 2 years.  Only tugged once (it was wet and raining).  I think I am bringing my 7 on 33s and locked this time... Cheesy
Bruce Taylor
ghost

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 10:54:23 pm »

Angry

Are you guys that good of drivers or are the trails all that easy.
I do not want to drive for 32 hours to ride arounf a Wal Mart parking lot.

MuDusty
Norm Ralston
ghost

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 03:48:41 am »

Relax Bruce, Oak Ridge is good times.  Roll Eyes Search "Oak Ridge Jeeps" on YouTube or Google, you'll see.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:51:23 am by Norm D. Ralston » Logged
Chris Boucher
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 07:28:02 am »

Hi Bruce,
Talk to some of your fellow Wisconsinites(?) who guided for us at Camp Jeep 2007.  They have seen the trails and can hopefully compare them to whatever you've run at home. 
Another question, did you help work on the Camp Jeep 2006 trails in Wisconsin?  I can help with a comparison there. 
No need for angry eyes, isn't wheeling (anywhere) more fun than staying home?
Josh Howery
ghost

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:11 pm »

Bypasses and go-pedals!   Wink
John Caliri
ghost

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:18 am »

If when we registered for the Wheel In we marked Difficult, but reading this want to upgrade to Extreme, is that OK.  It sounds like maybe everybody runs everything anyway... is that correct?

Thanks,

John

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Paul Vargas
Chris Boucher
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 11:38:55 am »

Yes sir you are correct.  Everyone will basically be running the entire trail system (time permitting).  So your quest to upgrade will be answered...then taken away so to speak on the easy trail portions of the property. Wink
I'm not sure where/how the trail rating requests got into the registration.  I am assuming since this is the first of hopefully THOUSANDS of United Wheel-ins, they were preplanning for those venues who can realistically offer a true trail delineation like that.  I will guarantee you have a good time at Oak Ridge at this inaugural Wheel-in.  If the trails turn out to be to easy for you, you can always be thankful there is nothing to fix when you get home.  You can put your rig away knowing it is ready to go on your next trip. Grin
admin
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:45 am »

Maybe I can clear up this issue...

I placed the trail rating on the registration just so there would be some indication of the type of trails you like to ride, or what your rig is capable of. This was only meant to generate statistics for the organizer of the event and help with organizing trail rides. The ratings were not meant to be related to any particular trail(s) at the venue.

Hope that helps.

-Milt
Eric Hilbert
ghost

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 07:31:56 pm »

Go to Youtube and search for "CJ-5 Hill" one of the more "xtreme" sections. 
Michele Fenwick
ghost

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 02:14:31 am »

I've had a couple of scarey moments at Oak Ridge.
Here's one:

I'm tellin' ya..the photo doesn't do it justice. 
John Caliri
ghost

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 08:35:50 am »

Grin Pictures never do justice!  Sounds like there will be plenty of chances there to pucker up a bit!  My rig is by no means extreme, but I do like a challenge... I like the easy sections too.  Closing in on 2 months away... I am excited and ready for a little vacation!

John

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Paul Vargas
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Trail Ratings for the Wheel-In « previous next »
Jump to: