UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 09:15:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,058 Posts in 3,262 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: 4X4 Community raises $25K to help fight $300 fine « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4X4 Community raises $25K to help fight $300 fine  (Read 1150 times)
Steve Edmunds
Utah Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

President - Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association

« on: December 12, 2007, 07:48:56 pm »

Read the latest Public Lands battle in the news in Southern Utah....   

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7693658

For the record... the article is not 80% accurate...  you should substitute 4X4 for OHV in the article

It's also a little disapointing that U4WDA was not mentioned,  but U4WDA is VERY involved - Don Black (quoted in the news article) is one of our Vice Presidents of U4WDA. 
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:27:32 pm »

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Steve Edmunds
Utah Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

President - Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48:37 pm »

Here is Don Black's comments after seeing what the Salt Lake Tribunes article said....   These were posted on the U4WDA board forum:   

Reprinted by permission from Don -

It appears to me that the Trib is trying to slant and spin this so it looks like it is about ATV use " their favorite boogeyman" I made it very clear to Havnes that this case enjoys a very broad base of support from the public. He also is well aware that it was a group of 4x4 drivers that recieved the citation.

It would be really hard to determine where the bulk of the money has come from. U4 has obviously taken the lead on supporting this case. Our local club in our fundraisers has received donations from a wide range of people, some don't even own a 4x4 or ATV. I would guess that 4x4 groups have probably donated the most, but I know that ATV groups have stepped up on their own and donated quite a bit also.

I would prefer that they didn't use ATV or OHV at all in this story. I would like it to be seen as a broad base of citizens protecting their legal use of public lands.
Steve Jackson
Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 01:57:30 am »

The truth is that's it more like $50K, but we've only needed to spend $25K so far.

An article I wrote on the Canaan Mountain situation:

http://www.u4wda.org/documents/canaan_mountain.pdf

Yeah, I know it says "Kurt Williams" but a lot of people think I'm a big jackass so I often put my articles in the name of other people in the Association.  I know what you're thinking.  And yes, I am a big jackass.

Steve Jackson
Past President, Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
http://www.u4wda.org
http://www.utahoffroad.com
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 05:54:16 pm »

I know what you're thinking.  And yes, I am a big jackass.

I look forward to meeting you someday!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:56 pm »

Steve I wonder what people say about Pat or I... think we are probably all in the same boat - on one end or the other.  lol.

Grin

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: 4X4 Community raises $25K to help fight $300 fine « previous next »
Jump to: