UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:08:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,049 Posts in 3,255 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Found this on the Pirate 4x4 forum ... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Found this on the Pirate 4x4 forum ...  (Read 1285 times)
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« on: December 23, 2007, 06:34:33 pm »

TV Promotion of Responsible OHV Recreation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like we will have a TV celebrity amongst us:

http://www.ontherockstv.com/cast.htm

"AMID INCREASING TRAIL CLOSURES, NEW TV SHOW GIVES POSITIVE VOICE TO OFF-ROAD ENTHUSIASTS

In-Depth Look at the People Who Enjoy the 4-Wheel Drive Lifestyle

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Company: Coast Media Teleproductions
Tel: 949-417-0300
Email: CoastmediaTV@yahoo.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

A new television show about 4-wheeling, On the Rocks is set to air on The Outdoor Channel Monday nights, prime-time starting January 7, 2008. This weekly 30 minute reality-based program introduces viewers to the sport of off-road driving through a combination of challenging four-wheeling feats and picturesque trails of the back roads throughout America.

On the Rocks is the creation of Coast Media Teleproductions, in Orange County, California. Executive Producer/Director, Art Royce explains, “The primary goal of the show is to get more people to understand that the trails need to remain open and protected for the generations to come, not from them.” On the Rocks allows the viewer to experience four-wheeling through the eyes of every generation, from a four-year-old and his teenage siblings to his great-grandparents."

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Scott Heiser
ghost

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 08:19:42 pm »

Yup, I've seen that as well.. Very cool that some people are attempting to bring a GOOD light to this sport.
Scott

My Amsoil Website

Support Land Use, while we still have land to Use!
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:54:07 pm »

It is very cool.
I had heard about the possibility of the show filming some trails in SoCal earlier this year.  They were looking for drivers and rigs of all levels.

I know a few of the people on the show from running around this area.  Very cool.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 03:43:14 pm »

So on the LINK page, someone tell me why I don't see UFWDA among the other enthusiast based groups that purport to be involved in 'keeping the trails open'??
jim-kb8ymf
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 04:13:53 pm »

I sent them an email asking them to list us as a national orginzation that is working to keep trails open.

I will post the reply.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Scott Heiser
ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 01:47:04 pm »

Hopefully they get on that Smiley
Scott

My Amsoil Website

Support Land Use, while we still have land to Use!
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 03:55:56 pm »

Hi All,
I have been in contact with them and plan to follow up after the holidays and continue communications about coming to the Wheel-in and I will talk to them about putting a  link on the site.
Thanks
Marti
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 05:31:55 pm »

Marti

I would be nice to see them at the Wheel-In.

Good job.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Found this on the Pirate 4x4 forum ... « previous next »
Jump to: