UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:21:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,058 Posts in 3,262 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Tellico April 5 2008 Parade « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tellico April 5 2008 Parade  (Read 749 times)
Frank McConnell
ghost

« on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:56 pm »

From  The Pirate 4X4 forum

I'd like to see everyone with an ORV that is street legal or on a trailer in Murphy and Tellico this weekend. It's the first Saturday after the trails reopen from winter.

Let's put a face and a visual on who and what we are.

Toyota, Jeep, truggy, buggy....doesn't mater as long as it is there.

We need to show Murphy who we are, what were about and how much money we spend. I'm putting together ground work for a parade of rigs in town. Then spend an hour or two in town and go trail ride. A pot-luck supper at Crawfords that evening. trail ride on Sunday or go home. Just be there to support our community.

Please repost this to your local boards

59 CJ5, 67 M715, 98 TJ, 01 F350 (jeep puller), 2004 Grand
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:57:47 pm »

This was my reply to the same request on our local club site:

Nic,
While that seems to be a good idea, just how will it help? The DNR God's have spoken and the law is written as posted in Rickys post Telico Info.

Showing a force of ORV's anywhere is a great idea and I believe it isn't the good folks of Murphy that caused this to happen in the first place.

I think a step in the right direction also would be to join UFWDA, SFWDA, etc and support the efforts through showing up and voicing your ideas at the meeting when you can. I say this both as a club and as individual club members.

Maybe we can get them to hold a membership drive at the next LCJC 4x4 show.

Links:

United Four Wheel Drive Association
Dedicated to Promoting the Great Outdoors!
Owning a four wheel drive vehicle is an integral part of your life. It allows you to discover a whole new outdoor world that the average person will never see. It provides adventure and brings you closer to nature. Members of United Four Wheel Drive Associations share your goals and desires. We know the unparalleled beauty of watching the afternoon sun dip behind a remote mountain top, or waking up to the sound of a fast running stream.

That's why one goal of the United Four Wheel Drive Associations is to bring together four wheel drive owners, like yourself, to share these stimulating experiences through organized events, like camping trips and weekend rallies. The United Four Wheel Drive Associations also acts as your voice to keep 4x4 roads and trails open so that we can continue enjoying four wheeling in the great outdoors. Through our united efforts, the opinions and beliefs of four wheel enthusiasts are heard by land management agencies and by our elected officials.

Southern 4 Wheel Drive Association
What is the SFWDA?
We're the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting 4-wheel-drive (4WD) recreation, responsible land usage, conservation, and education.
SFWDA is an association of 4-wheel-drive clubs located in the southeastern United States.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't think it's the folks of Murphy we need to impress, just my two cents worth...

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Doc Elliott
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

webslinger, curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:35:51 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't think it's the folks of Murphy we need to impress, just my two cents worth...

Yes, you are missing something.  This is a local business trying to impress upon the IDIOT of a Mayor of Murphy that he is ignoring a crucial aspect of the income of his fair city.  The mayor of Murphy has pretty much told everyone that the 4X4 crowd can piss-off, he doesnt care if they leave and never come back.  This is an effort to get the local businesses energized about what a stupid position their mayor is taking.

4x4er since early 70s (yes, before I was 16!)
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58:20 pm »

Yes, you are missing something.  This is a local business trying to impress upon the IDIOT of a Mayor of Murphy that he is ignoring a crucial aspect of the income of his fair city.  The mayor of Murphy has pretty much told everyone that the 4X4 crowd can piss-off, he doesnt care if they leave and never come back.  This is an effort to get the local businesses energized about what a stupid position their mayor is taking.

All I could find on the Mayor of Murphy doing for this event is here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7736632#post7736632

"I just left the Mayors office and he was very pleased with the event and even stated that he would not have any issues with having the Show and Shine in the middle of town. He even suggested shutting down Tennessee Street for the vehicles to set up. This was a very unexpected and positive with the Mayor. I still have to go in front of the City Commission in Feb to set the date and times, but he said he would be able to sell this to the commission for us. So, things are moving in the right direction for this event. "

Yes, I must be missing something...

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Tellico April 5 2008 Parade « previous next »
Jump to: