UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 10:55:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,018 Posts in 3,229 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  The Voice (UFWDA online magazine)  |  Topic: Subscriptions to VOICE? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Subscriptions to VOICE?  (Read 1681 times)
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:17 am »

Back in July, I asked John Stewart about the possibility of just subscribing to the VOICE without membership. John indicated that some discussion had bee surfaced but that nothing substantive had been addressed. That conversation may or may not have been turned over.

I'd like to suggest that consideration be given to making the VOICE available on a subscription only basis as a public relations tool. Places where I would consider making it available: doctor/dentist waiting rooms; dealer waiting room (garage, tire shops); my office waiting room; libraries. In other words, places where people might discover it -- and its picture of the recreational four wheeler as the "good guys" -- even if not actively looking for us. There are a number of magazines I will look at in those places where I would not necessarily purchase my own subscription or buy it at the newsstand.

Thoughts?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
9ersgirl
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:25:11 pm »

Keith,

This has been discussed and Marti and Carla are looking into those options.  At this point a final decision has not been made to my knowledge on how or where, but besure to watch for Marti or Carla's response on the progress of this!

Amanda
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:28:13 pm »

Has it been long enough that I can bring this up again without being a nag?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:48:26 pm »

It has been more than long enough for your to nudge us again without being a nag.  In fact, Keith, I can't imagine you as a nag under any circumstances.

Can you enlighten me as to the price you personally would be willing to pay for a "subscription only" for the Voice?

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 05:05:03 pm »

In fact, Keith, I can't imagine you as a nag under any circumstances.
Apparently, Ms. Boucher, you are lacking in imagination!  Wink

To respond to your question: I would consider a subscription to the Voice an absolute bargain at $6.00 annual. I would expect to see it in the $8-10 annual range (assuming US delivery where it could take advantage of UFWDA's bulk postage rates for periodicals). I would have to think twice if it exceeded $12 annually for a non-member subscription.

I might would pay more if it was shown that the cost to the organization was more than that but somewhere in the $12 range, I would seriously consider buying a gift membership instead.

You may have been looking for a single number but I hope the amplifying remarks are more useful in making the necessary decisions.

--------
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  The Voice (UFWDA online magazine)  |  Topic: Subscriptions to VOICE? « previous next »
Jump to: