UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 05:02:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,061 Posts in 3,265 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Administrative Forums  |  Suggestion Box  |  Topic: letters/comment forum « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: letters/comment forum  (Read 2210 times)
Paul Beck
ghost

« on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:29 pm »

Can we create a forum asking for letters and comments to be sent to FS and BLM managers. I would take a minute to browse this forum and write a letter asking that certain trails and areas stay open. Doesn't matter that I haven't ever been there. It benefits us all to get letters in asking that areas not be closed down. And who knows when you might visit a place or even move there.

Just a thought.

Paul B
AKA Stockhardcorejeeper
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:18:36 pm »

Paul,
IMO this would be duplicative of the Land Use forums which generally relay information about land use by geographic areas and are usually about meetings, proposals and comment periods.

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:26:40 pm »

Paul

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for using the UFWDA forums.

At the present time, I would not want to duplicate any work that we all ready post here. 
I post info in the land use section about comment periods for the Forest Service, and BLM.

At the present time, I would rather leave that info there, and not make a duplicate area.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Frank McConnell
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:40:39 pm »

Hey Paul,

I concur with both Todd and Kieth about duplication. The letter idea is a good one and could be put in the Land Use Forum, for other to use and send to the proper agencies.

Thanks for the good ideas

Frank

59 CJ5, 67 M715, 98 TJ, 01 F350 (jeep puller), 2004 Grand
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:02:55 pm »

Perhaps this might be something that the forum admin team could look at. There may be a flag system within the software that could mark topics where responses would be good, such as letters.

Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Administrative Forums  |  Suggestion Box  |  Topic: letters/comment forum « previous next »
Jump to: