UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:37:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,046 Posts in 3,252 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: 50,000 Votes Needed, Please Vote!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50,000 Votes Needed, Please Vote!!  (Read 1325 times)
John Price
ghost

« on: January 31, 2008, 02:38:13 pm »

"Please pass this on every Jeep site in America."

Public Land Petition

Origination

Resolution

Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

Has anyone ever heard of this organization before today?  "Advocates for Access to Public Lands"

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:07:56 pm »

Dave, a Google search shows this site...www.grassrootspower.net/Default.aspx?alias=www.grassrootspower.net/aapl

Maybe an avenue for UFWDA to work alongside?

regards
Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »

Maybe so...

Advocates for Access to Public Lands (AAPL) was started in 2002 by local residents in Bishop CA who believe that all forms of recreation & land management go hand in hand with conserving our natural resources & even enhancing them. They are opposed to reducing public access, as this is not in the best interest of the public or the land. They are concerned over inappropriate Wilderness proposals to reduce public access to the best remaining multiple use lands.

In April of 2006 they started a word of mouth campaign to federally legislate a land designation to preserve multiple use lands. The concept of the Semi Primitive BackCountry Recreation Designation took off like wildfire & within ten months signed resolutions were received from almost every Chamber of Commerce, Board of Supervisors, Indian tribe, & recreation group within Mono & Inyo Counties.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:37:41 pm »

I have seen this petition before, and do take it with a grain of salt.

I think for most peitions to carry any weight, they have to be signed by registered voters?
I may be wrong on this, but to get something at the state level, to sign the petition, you must be registed in that state to vote?

So, how is this confirmed on this petition?
Great Lakes 4WDA did one for the local road that the county wanted to close, and they won with keeping the road open. 
So, at the local level, these can, and possibly carry some weight.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Peter Vahry
ghost

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:21:13 pm »

The poster of the item, John Price, may be able to enlighten us a bit on this project as it appears to have a good reason but the question seems to be the purpose.

Peter

John Price
ghost

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 12:36:01 am »

Maybe an avenue for UFWDA to work alongside?

One can only hope. 

As for providing enlightenment, I wish I had a better answer and more information on this, but I simply wanted to help spread it around.....

Peter Vahry
ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 02:01:05 am »

Thanks John, I notice that another John has indicated their status on another forum...

I am very familiar with them as I have been working with them for a couple of years on Inyo NF issues.

AAPL was a big force behind over 3,600 public comments were submitted in response to the Inyo NF Travel Management Plan.

They are local residents in the Bishop area and are very committed to keeping motorized access to the Inyo NF.
Moderator, MUIRNet - Multiple Use Information Resource Network - http://www.muirnet.net

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: 50,000 Votes Needed, Please Vote!! « previous next »
Jump to: