UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 08:47:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,035 Posts in 3,241 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Land Rover Moab Adventure « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land Rover Moab Adventure  (Read 659 times)
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« on: February 28, 2008, 04:29:01 pm »

Fancy trying your hand at some real off-road driving? You’re in luck because Land Rover is setting up a four-day and three-night off-road adventure in Moab, Utah, April 18-29. The Land Rover Moab Adventure is open to a limited number of off-road enthusiasts and costs $2,995 per person based on double occupancy. (Single occupancy is $3,495 per person.)

http://origin-www.landrover.com/us/en/Owners/Drive_Off_Road/Adventures/Moab.htm?

Participants will have the opportunity to drive the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and LR3 through some of Moab’s most challenging red-rock trails under the personal guidance of Land Rover driving instructors; a good thing as each day the trails will get tougher. Base Camp will be the Sorrel River Ranch on the banks of the Colorado River, and the per-person fee includes lodging, meals, beverages, designated activities and park entrance fees, as well as use of a Land Rover while based in Moab. Participants must be at least 21, and possess a valid driver’s license.

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:27:12 pm »

So, will we see you there?  Grin

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:47:14 am »

Nice thought Dave but it would probably work out cheaper for me to ship my own Land Rover to the USA! At least I'd not have to worry about the paintwork. It doesn't take much paint to do a 1953 80" soft top Land Rover. I do have some work to do on it though as I managed to hit too many rocks last week with the fuel tank. It it fitted under the drivers seat and hangs below the sill by about 9" so frequently catches on things. I could change it but the rest is still mostly original.

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:05:36 am »

I understand, Peter.  Grin

I think there is a conspiracy to have us four wheelers personally support most of the automotive parts and repair shops.  And, I think we can probably engineer things better than many of the 4WD manufacturers.

Oh well, it's all fun...right?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Land Rover Moab Adventure « previous next »
Jump to: