UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:38:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
13,952 Posts in 3,173 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Trade Shows & Events  |  Topic: 42 Traverse cut back « previous next »
Linked Events
  • 42 Traverse clearing in NZ: April 06, 2008
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 42 Traverse cut back  (Read 498 times)
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President

« on: March 24, 2008, 10:14:07 pm »

The annual 42 Traverse vegetation cut back is being organized by the NZFWDA and Department of Conservation staff for April 6. Starting at 9.30am from the Pumice pit on Kapoors Rd.
The Park Travelers Lodge is offering free breakfast to participants from 7.30am at National Park.

Details on www.nzfwda.org.nz

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Chris Boucher
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 04:53:07 am »

You guys make "trail clean up" sound a lot more interesting.  Can I have permission to use "vegetation cut back"?  I might get more people to show up. Wink

Also Peter, I couldn't find the details on the website.  Got a link to get me closer?
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:18:16 pm »

Hello Chris, sorry about that! I'd not checked to see that the information was up there. We are currently rebuilding an easier format to navigate, as finding stuff has been an issue.
I've now pushed it up the pile and the link can be found on the home page "what's hot"  www.nzfwda.org.nz

I suspect that Virginia has vegetation growth problems too that close over trails. We have to constantly cut the sides of many of our trails otherwise they can virtually disappear. It's also a concern when an agency closes an area for review or even if there's been land movement limiting access.... the growth in some areas can almost obliterate a trail within a couple of years.

Regards
Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Trade Shows & Events  |  Topic: 42 Traverse cut back « previous next »
Jump to: