UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 04:48:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,050 Posts in 3,256 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Registration Deadline Extended, Find out why « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Registration Deadline Extended, Find out why  (Read 1121 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« on: March 14, 2008, 11:34:58 am »

United Four Wheel Drive Associations will be extending the deadline for registration to the Wheel-in to March 24, 2008

UFWDA has had several questions from members who are concerned about Camp Jeep and the return to Oak Ridge. I think it is safe to say that Camp Jeep will not be returning to Oak Ridge in July 2008. I am not an executive with Daimler Chrysler, however, I imagine it is too late to get an event of that size together in a few months.

In order to best serve our members and to give them an opportunity to wheel at Oak Ridge, we will extend the registration. UFWDA wants to give all of our members and non-members the opportunity to attend the event who may have been waiting to hear about Camp Jeep. UFWDA understands the concerns with the members about vacation time etc. and does not want them to miss an opportunity for an event that is probably not occurring this summer.

Thanks
Marti
Chris Boucher
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:34:20 am »

Marti,
I think you are making a safe assumption about Camp Jeep.  In all the years we have worked this event, the longest we had to wait for a "public announcement" that Camp Jeep was coming was the end of January.  While we all know that the trails portion of Camp Jeep could be pulled off with less than a week's notice (HA HA HA), the rest of Camp Jeep could not be assembled and staffed in time. Grin

How about this...register and attend the Wheel-in, and if Camp Jeep decides to come back, then wheel at Oak Ridge 3 months later.  Nothing wrong with visiting the same place twice in one year, right Ben?

BTW, still no official word on Camp Jeep.  (I am just going to make this part of my signature)
John Caliri
ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:10 pm »

I am glad to be a part of an organization that makes decisions to be inclusive... well thought out.

John

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Paul Vargas
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:06:02 pm »

HAHA yea I spent 40 days last year on the trails at Oakridge from January to December Smiley

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Registration Deadline Extended, Find out why « previous next »
Jump to: