UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 12:32:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,033 Posts in 3,239 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006  (Read 3682 times)
Chris Boucher
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 11:12:47 am »

Is the registration form available on the website now?  I cannot seem to find it.  Look forward to seeing everyone in July!
Thank you,
Chris
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 12:57:06 pm »

Registration info has now been posted to the delegates list and will be appearing on the website shortly. Here are the basics for planning purposes (online registration should be open when the info goes to the website).
The closest "nice" campground is the Cross-eyed Cricket. It is about 30 miles from the convention location. It is located just off I-40 west of Oak Ridge. The hotel doesn't allow dry camping in the parking lot. Guests may park their RVs there, but must have a room or they may be towed. The hotel is fairly full for this time. There is a campground near Windrock if you wish to stay there for the rides previous to the meeting. It is a little closer to the hotel, but timewise probably isn't any closer than the cross-eyed cricket due to the back roads (there is a one lane bridge just before you get to the campground, I've made it with my 31' MH and trailer, but it is tight).

Thanks

Robert

30 miles doesn't sound right......Wasn't the campground just north of Oak Ridge exit off I-75? I remember it was a relatively small campground. It was <10 miles from the Hotel...
What would be Southern's recomendation on Windrock campground??
jim-kb8ymf
Milt Webb
ufwda.org Admin
ghost

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 08:51:25 pm »

Is the registration form available on the website now?  I cannot seem to find it.  Look forward to seeing everyone in July!
Thank you,
Chris

Should be ready by May 1st.
-Milt
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 01:58:02 pm »

Jim,

As I had it explained to me when asking about campgrounds, Oak Ridge is basically in the middle of a triangle of 3 campgrounds. Windrock campground is north and slightly west of Oak Ridge. It is a little more difficlut to get into (narrow 2 lane for the last bit and a 1 lane bridge just before the campground, I've made it in my Endura with the jeep on the trailer, but it is tight). There is one more to the east/northeast that I'm not famiilar with and the person describing couldn't tell me the name of. Cross Eyed Cricket is just off I-40 near where I-75 heads south. Probably a mile or two west of that intersection. I'm totally guessing at the 30 miles, but am pretty confident with the thought that it is about a 30 minute drive in from there. (well I guess traffic could change things some). I've stayed there when we had a meeting at the Double tree and it isn't a bad drive. I think it's even closer than the Harrisburg west campground was from the hotel at the PA meeting.

Robert
dds4x4
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 10:39:59 pm »

Will the trail rides at Windrock be organized with guides and rated by difficulty?
Will there be stock to mild runs for those of us that are driving our 4X4's to the Convention?

I know the trail rides at Tellico after the Convention are informal, but the same questions, does this area have trails for stock to mild 4X4's and is anyone stepping forward to lead the out of towners around the area?

Thanks for any assistance and see you in July,   ----Doug & Kathy
Robin Chacon
ghost

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 04:31:19 pm »

Hi - is there any more info on airport transportation?  I checked with the Doubletree and they recommend a sedan service that is $38 per person each way or $22 per person if there are 2 people.  I also called a taxi company and that is ~$45 each way.  Either way it's pricey and I wondered if anyone local knows of a different option.

Thanks for your help!

Robin
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:50 pm »

Hotel information:

The room rate of $79/night for the UFWDA annual meeting is honored by the Doubletree Hotel beginning Tues., July 11, 2006 through checkout on Sunday, July 16. 

This room rate and room availability is guaranteed through June 22, 2006.

You may call the Doubletree Hotel at (865) 481-2468.  Tell them you are calling to reserve a room.  You will be transferred to their global reservations line directy.  Tell them you are calling to reserve a room within the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association room block for the United Four Wheel Drive Associations annual meeting.  You can expect fast, courtious assistance and booking!

See you in TN!

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 09:40:39 pm »

Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, host for the 2005 UFWDA Annual Meeting in Oak Ridge, TN will be providing shuttle service from the Knoxville, TN airport to the Doubletree Hotel in Oak Ridge, TN, through the volunteer efforts of one of their member clubs Plum Crazzed Jeep Club.

The Knoxville airport, McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS), is serviced by the following airlines:  American Eagle, Comair, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, United Express, and US Airways Express.   The airport is located approximately 26 miles (35 minutes) from the Doubletree Hotel. 

Would you be so kind as to e-mail me direct with your shuttle needs for convention?  attorney@ufwda.org 
I will then relay this information directly to Southern so they can muster the troops as needed.

Shuttle needs should be posted to me no later than June 30, 2006.  The deadline for registration and reservation of rooms at the Doubletree is June 22, 2006. 

For information about the meeting please go to:
http://www.ufwda.org/events_2006_convention.htm

Be sure to see the information about the fantastic opportunities for four wheeling at Wind Rock on July 10 and 11.  And take a moment to visit the Oak Ridge Convention and Visitors Bureau website if you are interested in seeing what this area has to offer.
http://oakridgevisitor.com/home.html
If you are bringing the family there are wonderful things to do in Oak Ridge, including a 1 hour steam train excursion on Saturday, July 15. 

Thank you,

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969

Carla Boucher, Attorney
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Robin Chacon
ghost

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 02:50:47 pm »

As if you couldn't tell, this will be my first United Convention  Wink

Will we receive an agenda and/or issue briefs that will be discussed and voted on during the Convention?

TIA!
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 11:23:36 am »

Robin an agenda and Annual Report will be handed out at Convention.  It will contain information that we know about in advance including Nominee's for upcoming positions etc.

- Shawn
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:08:22 am by Shawn Pagan » Logged

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
kf6zpl
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 09:32:28 pm »

<<<Robin and Agenda and Annual Report will be handed out at Convention. >>>

Huh??

I think what Shawn meant to say was:

Robin:

An agenda and Annual Report will be handed out at Convention.

Roger Blank
ghost

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 08:57:42 pm »

I've set Robin straight. Smiley

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a little excited.... Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006 « previous next »
Jump to: