UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:16:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,045 Posts in 3,251 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006  (Read 3816 times)
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« on: January 28, 2006, 09:30:28 pm »

I searched throught the Spring Voice but could not find any info regarding the Convention this year. Can someone from Southern please give an update as to the pre and/or post activities that will take place this year. I don't know which week to schedule my vacation for, before or after or BOTH!!  Undecided
thanks
jim mazzola - kb8ymf
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:26:55 am »

The dates for the Convention are July 12-14. Rides at Windrock will take place on July 10&11. The Land Use Conference is planned for July 15. In talking to folks, lots of folks want to go to Tellico, so there will probably be UNOFFICIAL rides at Tellico on the 15&16.

I expect to hear more this weekend at our Leadership meeting and will pass that on.

Robert
Scott Hatch
NorthEast Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs
ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 09:39:01 am »

What is the local hotel being used by the majority attendees?

Will there be an arrangement with a local hotel?

Will there be any type of shuttle service?

Any additional information that may be available at this time would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Scott Hatch
President NorthEast Association of 4WD Clubs
shatch@nea4wd.org
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 10:33:16 am »

Doubletree Hotel Oak Ridge
215 South Illinois Avenue, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States 37830

Tel: +1-865-481-2468
Fax: +1-865-481-2474

Promoting Organization, Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
info@sfwda.org

Land Use Conference July 15th
Official Rides at Windrock July 10th-11th
Unofficial Rides at Tellico July 15th-16th

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
dds4x4
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:57:36 pm »

Our hotel reservations have been made and confirmed.
One of the Great Lakes delegates has a place to stay.

Thanks for getting the hotel straightened out, Robert.
We'll see you at Oak Ridge!

Scott Hatch
ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 09:47:01 am »

Does anyone know if the Hotel supplies a shuttle service to and from the nearest airport?

Is the convention being held in this hotel or a different location?

If the convention is in a different location will there e a shuttle service?

I'm trying to determine the best (cheapest) course of action in planning for this.

Scott Hatch
shatch@nea4wd.org
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 11:42:31 am »

I will check on Shuttle Service. I'm not sure if they provide it or not. Closest airport is in Knoxville TN, but it really isn't that far from the hotel (like 30-40 miles). I'll also check and see if we can provide our own shuttle service if need be. The Doubletree is the convention location as well as room location, so no transportation will be needed once there.

Offical packages will be out in the next week for registration. Just has one issue come up that I'm trying to nail down first.

Robert
Scott Hatch
ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 12:28:35 pm »

Thank you very much, and sory for the 20 questions  lol

Is there an actual schedule time and date schedule for this yet?

Scott Hatch
shatch@nea4wd.org
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 11:17:50 am »

The dates of meetings are July 12-14. Wendsday and Thursday will be full days (approximately 8-5). Friday will be a half day (8-noon). There will be a Land Use conference that will be Friday (noon to 5) and all day Sat. (8-5). We are currently planning the final dinner on Friday night.

Robert
Scott Sperling
Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 10:37:52 pm »

I'm guessing this would be the location on the UFWDA forum that would list all info and cost related expenses for the convention.
Per the IFWDA by-laws, it spells out what is reinbursible for our delegates. Our next quarterly meeting is in April and hopefully we can have that all spelled for review and approval.
Once something is available, please let us know.
Thank you,
Scott Sperling, President
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:48:17 pm by Scott Sperling » Logged

Member: Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association- Former President, Vice President, UFWDA Delegate and Raffle Chairman
Fat Boys Jeepers- Founding member and club coordinator- http://www.fatboysjeepers.com
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 11:53:34 am »

Registration info has now been posted to the delegates list and will be appearing on the website shortly. Here are the basics for planning purposes (online registration should be open when the info goes to the website).

Dates: July 12-14 -- annual meeting
          July 14-15 -- Land Use Conference

Costs:
Delegate Registration:   $100.00
Includes Lunch on Wed. and Thursday
Dinner on Friday

Non Delegate registration:   $70
Includes Lunch on Wed. and Thursday

Adult dinner Tickets   $17
Kids Dinner Tickets   $8

Kids Room (per day)   $8
The hospitality suite will be made available for delegates to drop their kids off during the meetings. There will be adult supervision Movies, snacks, and activities.

Rides will be offered at Windrock on the 10th and 11th. Permits are required and may be purchased at the gate. Permits are $15 per person per day.

Land Use Conference   $60
Friday afternoon and Sat.

Hotel rooms have been blocked out for the Convention at a discounted rate of $79 per night. Let them know you are with United Four Wheel Drive Assocaitions

The closest "nice" campground is the Cross-eyed Cricket. It is about 30 miles from the convention location. It is located just off I-40 west of Oak Ridge. The hotel doesn't allow dry camping in the parking lot. Guests may park their RVs there, but must have a room or they may be towed. The hotel is fairly full for this time. There is a campground near Windrock if you wish to stay there for the rides previous to the meeting.  It is a little closer to the hotel, but timewise probably isn't any closer than the cross-eyed cricket due to the back roads (there is a one lane bridge just before you get to the campground, I've made it with my 31' MH and trailer, but it is tight).

Thanks

Robert
Scott Sperling
ghost

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 04:25:51 pm »

Robert,
Thank you!!!
Scott

Member: Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association- Former President, Vice President, UFWDA Delegate and Raffle Chairman
Fat Boys Jeepers- Founding member and club coordinator- http://www.fatboysjeepers.com
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »

I am a delegate for Southern 4WD Association and will be arriving from Atlanta on the evening of the 11th in order to attend the meeting on the 12th and beyond.

I made my reservation at the Doubletree Hotel today, but was told that United had not set aside rooms for the night of the 11th and the rate  for that night was $169.  Needless to say, I didn't accept that.  In fact, I was told there were very few rooms left at all.

My question is where are people staying the night before the meetings begin ?  July 11th ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Robert Fuller
ghost

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 10:58:58 pm »

This just came up and we've tried contacting the hotel and have yet to hear back from them. Honestly I'm getting fedup with them myself. As much business as we've given them in the past and they aren't handling this very well. I'll pass on whatever I findout.

Robert
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 07:42:11 am »

Robert, We have been staying at the Comfort Inn down the street lately.  They are OK, but have as many "issues" as the Doubletree. 

As you probably know, I had my truck and trailer stolen from the Hampton Inn across the street.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any good alternatives in Oak Ridge.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: UFWDA Convention 2006 « previous next »
Jump to: