UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 02:56:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,077 Posts in 3,274 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: My WARN let me down « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My WARN let me down  (Read 5799 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 10:03:46 am »

So I take it the winch is working now...

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Chris Sine
ghost

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 11:30:20 am »

As anticlimactic as it seems yes. I am not going to go into, well the Warn Rep was no help, since it all comes down to it was something I had done. It would have been nice if he would have taken out the 2 minutes of his time to point out that I was an idiot and that his product was still the best though.
9ersgirl
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 12:02:01 pm »

Warn was there as a vendor not as a certified Warn Repair center. 

So as directed by the all so wise Warn rep I will call customer service and let them look at my winch over the phone.

The Warn rep directing you to contact the Tech Support Line is what a Sale representative is typically directed to do in most cases.  They are typically not mechanical engineers or Certified Techs; and for him to take the 2 minutes you state it would have taken to point out that you were in the wrong, would probably not have been the best anyway in fear that he could not diagnose your problem correctly or at all.  In Sales they are not trained to diagnose problems only to tell you what the best product is for your application, and direct you to the Tech department for repairs. 

From your own statements it seems that the Warn Rep did his job very well.   Smiley

Sales does the selling and Tech does the support for the product and the Sales Team.
Norm Ralston
ghost

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 08:32:06 pm »

We had the Warn reps. on Trail A and they were a blast. Besides being a good salesmen, they were excellent 'wheelers. Don't put off on them what you couldn't troubleshoot. You should have read your instructions back home....Just my 2 cents.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:48 pm »

We have all made simple mistakes like this. 

He will beat himself up more then we can. 

Just glad that you fixed it without having to send it back.
Warn makes a good product, and put a lot of testing into this unit.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: My WARN let me down « previous next »
Jump to: