UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 03:59:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,024 Posts in 3,234 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: F Troop « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F Troop  (Read 6624 times)
Steve Leslie
ghost

« on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:56 am »

On behalf of all the Guides for Trail F, we hope that everyone had a great time and look forward to wheeling with you all again.  A few pics from our group:

These don't do it justice, but this was the main carnage we had (my wifes Jeep).  You can see the rear spring missing in the second pic, but you can't see the torn out shock, the broken rear sway bar, the busted ujoint or the rear diff yoke cracked.  I should point out that we did limp it the 100+ miles home under it's own power.  Grin

Some other random shots of our group:

97 Black XJ Sport, lifted, locked and with a whole bunch of other stuff too
President, FM2CD 4x4
Mike & Lu Anne Clark
ghost

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »

Great pics Steve!  Jen, I'm sorry about your Jeep.  I enjoyed the ride though.

Thanks to Bob, Steve, Mark and David for being such great guides.  We were proud to be part of F Troop!  We had a really good group to wheel with!  Congratulations to Bob for getting the best guide award.  Not every trail guide is willing to throw his body in between the Jeep and the tree to save a classic like the Bronze Pig!  (Galen, I know you've done it for us before too!)

Looking forward to the next time!

Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:42 pm »

Smiley We did have a heck of a good group! Smiley

All the trail guides did a grand job of working together in F-Troop and it made me look good so, THANKS GUYS!!!

We keep our heads above water, didn't break too much stuff.  Seemed to be the weekend for rear yoke troubles though.

Jim sent an email saying that he might have cracked a rib in the slippery mud but no word on the camera repairs yet.

I certainly learned a lot for you folks this past weekend.  It was my pleasure to serve as your guide through the 9 trails we completed.  Hopefully, we'll all get another shot at them in the near future.

I'll wheel with any of ya if I see ya on the trails again!

Bob

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
richard milam
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:05:50 am »

Hey Bob, The wife and I had a great time with you Steve, and Mark.... Ole Doc too! I have a few pics to share with yall!  Had a great time an Im signing up for the Va poker run when it pops up!

WWW.BELTWAYJEEPERS.COM
richard milam
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:11:22 am »

more pics

WWW.BELTWAYJEEPERS.COM
richard milam
ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:15:15 am »

WWW.BELTWAYJEEPERS.COM
Frank McConnell
ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:51:57 am »

Sure hope Jim is feeling better!!  Heathers jeep is all fixed up. I even replaced the pinion seal. Great pictures. I'm looking forward to wheeling with you soon.

Frank

59 CJ5, 67 M715, 98 TJ, 01 F350 (jeep puller), 2004 Grand
LAURA STONE
ghost

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:01 pm »

JUST WANTED TO THANK THE HOLANDS FOR ALLOWING US TO RIDE ON THEIR PROPERTY WE ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME. LOST JEEPERS WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK MARTI FOR ALL HER GREAT WORK AT THE WHEEL-IN.  WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK CHRIS AND CARLA FOR ALWAYS DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB. YOU ALL ARE GREATELY APPRECIATED.   THANKS ALSO TO TIDEWATER.    LAURA/ STEVE
Jay Breeden
ghost

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 10:32:42 am »

I also wanted to thank the trail guides for getting us through the trails!  The group of folks in F Troop were great and it was a pleasure to wheel with them all.  I appreciate the votes for the Best Warn Winch award...not that I did a whole lot but own a Warn winch...lol  As far as I'm concerned it was a group award!  I'm glad to hear Jim is doing better and that everyone made it home ok.  Look forward to the next trip!
Ron Magliacane
ghost

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 05:53:58 pm »

I've got a few that the wife took... starting with a cute little boy in the "E" line in a Bass Pro shop hat

This photo - Toni took from the roof of a Jeep Friday morning... great shot Toni

And the rest... in no particular order..

A slide show of all our pictures...

richard milam
ghost

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 10:18:50 pm »

nice pics!!!!! Hope Ron<?> the guy who fell on the rocks is ok!

WWW.BELTWAYJEEPERS.COM
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 07:19:29 am »

nice pics!!!!! Hope Ron<?> the guy who fell on the rocks is ok!

Jim is doing fine now.  However, I haven't heard how the camera did.  Hope the repair cost is minimal!

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Jennifer Leslie
ghost

FM2CD & VA4WDA Member at Large

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 10:56:37 am »

I heard from Jim.  He did break a rib right behind the right shoulder blade. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: F Troop « previous next »
Jump to: