Author Topic: Staging area  (Read 3429 times)

Chris Boucher

Staging area
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:53 pm »
I just wanted to say thanks to Jimmy Hyman, James Hyman, and Clint Terrill for not only volunteering for trail guide duty, but then giving that up to work the staging area!  All these other groups had less than 25 vehicles to contend with, but J, J & C took care of over 200 vehicles!  Carnage was kept to a minimum in the staging area, however I did get the back of the Dodge dirty hauling the trash over to the dumpster. ::)

We had a great group at the staging area, and even when the weather turned sour for those 15 minutes, one of our fearless folks managed to make the trek all the way to McDonald's for some breakfast.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Galen

• ghost
  • Trail Guide Extrodinaire
Re: Staging area
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:49 am »
Props to the whole Wheel In crew. I liked how the "opposite direction" stage out worked. Might consider using it for more or all of the events at OR.
You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."

Chris Boucher

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:21 am »
I liked how the "opposite direction" stage out worked. Might consider using it for more or all of the events at OR.

Don't really have a choice thanks to VDOT.

Offline Galen

• ghost
  • Trail Guide Extrodinaire
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »
Couldn't tell from the onsite conversation if that was a permanent change or if VDOT had just made it so for this event. Either way...I like.
You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."

Offline BEN WOOD

• ghost
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »
I guess we won't be able to RUN the stop sign anymore :(  Thanks Ya'll for ALL your HARD work in the staging area.  BEN
1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers

Offline Jason Smith

• ghost
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:59 pm »
Ben,

Glad we could help out. 

Jason
2003 Rubicon - 5.5" RELA on 35" MTR's (lots of cool stuff)
1997 XJ - 4.5" RC on 33" Xterrains (kid & dog hauler)
1995 XJ - Project Vehicle
2008 Super Duty (tow rig)