UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 06:29:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,049 Posts in 3,255 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Staging area « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staging area  (Read 2228 times)
Chris Boucher
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:53 pm »

I just wanted to say thanks to Jimmy Hyman, James Hyman, and Clint Terrill for not only volunteering for trail guide duty, but then giving that up to work the staging area!  All these other groups had less than 25 vehicles to contend with, but J, J & C took care of over 200 vehicles!  Carnage was kept to a minimum in the staging area, however I did get the back of the Dodge dirty hauling the trash over to the dumpster. Roll Eyes

We had a great group at the staging area, and even when the weather turned sour for those 15 minutes, one of our fearless folks managed to make the trek all the way to McDonald's for some breakfast.   Grin Grin Grin
Galen
ghost

Trail Guide Extrodinaire

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:49 am »

Props to the whole Wheel In crew. I liked how the "opposite direction" stage out worked. Might consider using it for more or all of the events at OR.

You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."
Chris Boucher
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:21 am »

I liked how the "opposite direction" stage out worked. Might consider using it for more or all of the events at OR.

Don't really have a choice thanks to VDOT.
Galen
ghost

Trail Guide Extrodinaire

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »

Couldn't tell from the onsite conversation if that was a permanent change or if VDOT had just made it so for this event. Either way...I like.

You never hear a guy say, "No, I already have to many things with steering wheels."
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »

I guess we won't be able to RUN the stop sign anymore Sad  Thanks Ya'll for ALL your HARD work in the staging area.  BEN

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Jason Smith
ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:59 pm »

Ben,

Glad we could help out. 

Jason

2003 Rubicon - 5.5" RELA on 35" MTR's (lots of cool stuff)
1997 XJ - 4.5" RC on 33" Xterrains (kid & dog hauler)
1995 XJ - Project Vehicle
2008 Super Duty (tow rig)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Staging area « previous next »
Jump to: