UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 04:31:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,050 Posts in 3,256 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Thanks to everyone that helped me! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks to everyone that helped me!  (Read 4536 times)
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« on: April 16, 2008, 07:56:43 am »

I really wanted to thank everyone that helped Chris and I with another event.  You folks never seem to run out of energy or good will.  If I missed someone please let me know so I can add them.  They've only been missed because of an oversight not because their contribution wasn't note-worthy.  If I misstated your club affiliation please let us know that too.  Bob Temple, I couldn't for the life of me remember your club name and it wasn't in our Camp Jeep database either - sorry about that.  Veronica, I can't remember your last name either, please forgive me.  You were such a big help at the check-in!

UFWDA STORE SALES:  Wow, you guys worked like fiends!  I appreciate how willing you were to sell the UFWDA sweatshirts and automatic trailhead deflators.  Thanks to Mellissa Allen (Hard Rock Crawlers), Sharon Anderton (Lost Jeepers), Tammy and Mike Cade (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Donna Reedal (Hard Rock Crawlers), Nicole Smith (Lost Jeepers), Laura Stone (Lost Jeepers), Trish Groom (UFWDA), Laci Smith (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Chris Hannis (Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association)

PARKING ATTENDANTS:  Thanks for doing the thankless job of helping new arrivals with parking and entrance to the vendor area.  Thanks to Ben Wood (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Steve Hendricks (Lost Jeepers) and Jason Smith (Lost Jeepers). 

TRAIL RIDE SIGN-UP:  Thanks for helping the participants in choosing a trail group.  There were many times when the trail ride sign-up table was swamped with people.  I also know you were very accommodating about keeping participants together who asked to ride in the same group and to get participants with the guide(s) of their choice.  Thanks to Galen Koch (CNC), Chris Borkowski (PA Jeeps) and his girlfriend, Steve Leslie (Follow Me To Certain Death 4x4), Rick Vergot (VA4WDA Independent), and Kelly Vergot (VA4WDA Independent). 

RAFFLE TICKET SALES:  Thanks for hocking the raffle tickets!  Thanks to Ron Allen (PA Jeeps), Chris Borkowski (PA Jeeps) and his girlfriend, John Nachman (Capital City), Tammy and Mike Cade (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Wayne and Trish Groom (UFWDA), Steve Leslie (Follow Me To Certain Death 4x4) and David Barlow (Tidewater Fourwheelers) for the generous use of your really, really, long wing span to many ticket buyers, and Chris Hannis (Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association)!   

RAFFLE CALLER:  Thanks for keeping a quick pace and doing such a great job with the raffle ticket numbers and the merchandise descriptions, despite heckling from your fellow club members!  Thanks to Tony Wheeler (Tidewater Fourwheelers).   

RAFFLE HELPERS:  Thanks for helping us keep a quick paced raffle well organized and getting the correct prize to the correct winner.  Thanks to Steve Leslie (Follow Me To Certain Death 4x4), Jackie Murray (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Shawn Connock (River City Trail Runners) and Kim Connock (River City Trail Runners). 

PARTCIPANT CHECK-IN:  Thanks for helping to keep the check-in running smoothly and well-organized, directing every participant over to the trail ride sign-up tent, and for repeating the same instructions over 200 times!  Thanks to Laci Smith (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Amanda Cottrell (UFWDA), Veronica (“Roni”), Chris Hannis (Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association). 

FOR BABYSITTING THE BOUCHER CHILDREN:   Thanks for keeping an eye out on Chris and Carla Boucher’s children while we worked at the Wheel-in.  We can only do what we do knowing our kids are safe and having a watchful eye on them by many of our friends.  Thanks in particular to Terri Sheppard (Tidewater Fourwheelers), cousin Laci (Smith - Tidewater Fourwheelers), Uncle Kenny (Smith – Tidewater Fourwheelers – what choice do you have when you’re family right), Kelly Rogers, Chase Pugh (for your endless patience in entertaining the boys), Rachael Morrow (for letting us know our oldest was hanging out with you and your dad during the one nano-second I lost track of him this weekend – you saved me from a few extra gray hairs), Ben Wood (Tidewater Fourwheelers - for making the world’s best built-in baby sitter by setting up an awesome power-wheels course), Mr. Jimmy (Hyman – River City Trail Runners. Thanks for taking our oldest on a trail ride Wednesday and letting him navigate for you). 

TRAIL GUIDES:  Thanks for always stepping up to the plate to work instead of just play at the events at Oak Ridge Estate. And thank you for arriving early to run one last check of the trails!  Ron Allen (PA Jeeps), Darryl Allen (Hard Rock Crawlers), Ashley Beatty (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Derek Beatty (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Brian Bivins (River City Trail Runners), Chris Borkowski (PA Jeeps), Brad Boyd (River City Trail Runners), Eric Breeden (Seven Hills Jeep Club), Mike Cade (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Matt Coffey (Shenandoah Valley Four Wheelers), Shawn Connock (River City Trail Runners), David Coombs (VA4WDA Independent), Mike Crandall (VA4WDA Independent and Rover Owners Association of Virginia), Mike Day (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Mark Easter (Follow Me To Certain Death 4x4), Debbie Economos (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Keith Fromme (Tidewater Fourwheelers), David Gilmore (Follow Me to Certain Death), Jason Grogg (NOVA Jeepers), Steve Hendricks (Lost Jeepers), Jimmy Hyman (River City Trail Runners), Galen Koch (CNC), Steve Leslie (Follow Me To Certain Death 4x4), Ray Merrow (Middle Peninsula Jeep Association, Inc.), Jack Murray (Tidewater Fourwheelers), John Nachman (Capital City Four Wheelers), Larry Newbern (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Norm Ralston (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Steve Reedal (Hard Rock Crawlers), Pat Sheppard (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Kenny Smith (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Bobbi Sobwick (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Laura Stone (Lost Jeepers), Bob Temple, Clint Terril (River City Trail Runners), Rick Vergot (VA4WDA Independent), Pop Wheeler (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Tony Wheeler (Tidewater Fourwheelers), Richard Wiggs (Blue Ridge Rock Mafia), and Ben Wood (Tidewater Fourwheelers).   

GATES:  Thanks to Ben Wood (Tidewater Fourwheelers) and James Hyman (River City Trail Runners) for making the rounds to lock and unlock trail gates!

TRIAL SIGNS AND STICKERS:  Thanks to Adams Clarke for making our trail group staging area signs and for sending me the color keys so I could print matching group stickers.  There’s no way I could have matched all those colors without you and you saved me a lot of time.  Thanks for responding so quickly to my call for help. 

FOR DOING EVERYTHING:  I had to say thanks to my husband Chris Boucher (Tidewater Fourwheelers).  He’s a jack of all trades and masters them all.  He’s always in a pleasant mood even when I’m not, or should I say thanks for being in a pleasant mood especially when I’m not!   Grin

Thanks again.

Carla

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:33:29 am by Carla Boucher » Logged

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Steve Leslie
ghost

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:14:36 pm »

It was a pleasure to have played a small role in making this event a success.  I think the only person you forgot to thank was yourself.  We should all take a moment and thank Carla not only for this event, but for all she does for the Association.  Smiley

97 Black XJ Sport, lifted, locked and with a whole bunch of other stuff too
President, FM2CD 4x4
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:08:12 pm »

I second that! Thank you Chris and Carla for all of the extraordinary work you guys did coordinating the trail guides and volunteers! GREAT JOB!!!! Thank you again to all of the trail guides and volunteers who worked hard all weekend to make it a success!
Thanks
Marti
John Nachman
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 06:27:11 pm »

Carla and Chris,

A BIG thanks to both of you. A lot of these events just wouldn't happen without you guys. We appriciate the time and the hard work you put into these events.

Thank you.

Capital City Four Wheelers, Va4WDA, U4WDA, Scrambler Owners Assn., NCBBA
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2000, 2002 & 2008 Grand Cherokees, 2005 Ford F250SD, 2004 Acura MDX, and 1976 CJ-7 in a lot of pieces
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 08:32:37 pm »

Carla, no need to apologize.  I am a member of the Palmetto Jeep Club and the LowCountry Jeep Club.

None of us could have done what you and Chris do for the sport.  Please, keep up the hard work!  I know we recruited several new wheelers and made many more long-time wheelin buddies at this event.  In my book, that's big dividends for the future.

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Jason Smith
ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:19 pm »

Carla,
I feel pretty confident in speaking for the group here, .... you and Chris give countless hours in making what we love to do available for us to do it.  The THANKS goes to you.   Whenever you need help .... you let Lost Jeepers know.  We'll show up & help.

Jason & Nicole.

2003 Rubicon - 5.5" RELA on 35" MTR's (lots of cool stuff)
1997 XJ - 4.5" RC on 33" Xterrains (kid & dog hauler)
1995 XJ - Project Vehicle
2008 Super Duty (tow rig)
Sharon
ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:12:48 am »

I to would like to thank Chris, Carla and Marti for putting on a great event and everyone else involved. I had a blast. I hope we didnt screw up the store to bad but remember the SPECIAl...buy the deflators, a crew neck and a hoodie, all for $100 you cant beat the deal Wink
Marti why are you still talking.

thanks again
Sharon (lostjeepers)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:21:59 am »

Sharon,
That is a good question! See all of you guys in July, can't wait!!
Thanks
Marti
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:34:15 am »

My apologies to Chris Hannis.  I forgot to thank him for his help with registation check-in, raffle tickets, and store sales in the first cut of my posting.  Thanks for all your help!

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Darryl Allen
ghost

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 08:02:03 pm »

You guys are more than welcome from all of us in Hard Rock Crawlers.

Just call anytime..

Darryl

Darryl Allen
Hard Rock Crawlers
Southern Md
Chris Hannis
Twin City Bushwackers
ghost

President: W4WDA

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 11:24:05 pm »

My apologies to Chris Hannis.  I forgot to thank him for his help with registation check-in, raffle tickets, and store sales in the first cut of my posting.  Thanks for all your help!

Carla

I don't need a thank you, I Don't mind helping fellow members. and since eveyone that attended was a member I thought it was great how many wanted to purchase United colors to show off

"You get what you put in and people get what they desirve" Kidd Rock
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 06:09:31 pm »

I don't know the actual figures but there were some not-yet-members there. I know of one that has been talking about maybe joining our club who was there. (BTW: He was hooked by middle of the morning his first day there!) He'll be a member soon.

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
9ersgirl
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:41:53 am »

I don't know the actual figures but there were some not-yet-members there. I know of one that has been talking about maybe joining our club who was there. (BTW: He was hooked by middle of the morning his first day there!) He'll be a member soon.

They must have been riding as a passenger as every driver that registered became a member inorder to attend if not already.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2008  |  Topic: Thanks to everyone that helped me! « previous next »
Jump to: