UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 01:33:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,019 Posts in 3,230 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Loss of a great friend and four wheeler « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loss of a great friend and four wheeler  (Read 1199 times)
Gary & Kathleen Snyder
Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« on: April 20, 2008, 02:28:25 pm »

Alan Lane, 62, of Evansville, Indiana, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2008, at his residence.

Alan retired in 2007 after 40 years of service from Mead Johnson & Company. He was a member of the United States Marine Corp. Motor Transport Battalion for 4 years and served in the Vietnam War. Alan was the Director of Administration for the Land Action Fund, a not-for-profit organization advocating and assisting four wheel drive enthusiasts. He was involved with the Warrick County Development Corporation in their ongoing work with the IDNR-outdoor Recreation in development of a multiple use area for both motorized and non motorized recreation. Alan was the Director of En-vironmental Affairs until three years ago. He was a member of Tri-State Four Wheelers, Blue Ribbon Coaliton, Toyota Land Cruiser Association, United Four Wheel Drive Association, Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association, WCRD Land Between the Lakes, and D.I.R.T.

Surviving are his wife of 34 years, Brenda Lane of Evansville; sons, Christopher Lane of St. Joseph, Ind., Gregory Lane of Mount Vernon, Ind., and Jason Greenwell of Evansville; parents, Louis and Ann Abney; sister and brother-in-law, Sue and Jerry Skinner of Evansville; brother and sister-in-law, Dan and Tonya Abney of Evansville; and grandchildren, Ryan Lane, Chatham Lane and Kyler Lane.

Funeral services are planned for 7 p.m. this evening, April 17, 2008, at Browning Funeral Home, 738 E. Diamond Ave., with the Rev. Steve Clayton officiating. Committal services will be 9 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2008, in Oak Hill Cemetery.

Friends may visit from 2 p.m. to service time April 17, 2008, at Browning Funeral Home.

Memorial contributions may be made to Deaconess Hospice, 600 Mary St., Evansville, IN 47710, or New Life Ministries, 525 Richardt Ave. Evansville, IN 47711.

Published in the Courier Press on 4/17/2008.

Gary R. & Kathleen Snyder
Charter Members of 4 Wheels to Freedom 4WD Club of Central Indiana
Members of Fatboys Jeepers
Members of Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association
UFWDA Office Manager 1992 - 2007 (K)
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:14:03 pm »

He will be missed.   Embarrassed  He worked quietly for us all.

- Shawn

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
dds4x4
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 07:14:09 pm »

Our condolence's to the family.
He will be missed at UAF.
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 08:18:37 pm »

It was a pleasure to meet Alan at the 2006 AGM.  I am surprised and saddened by this tragic news. His family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:49:25 am »

Posted here as well: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=2088

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Billie Jeanne Fish
ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 08:33:33 am »

Kathleen & Gary,

Please pass my condolences on to Brenda and the rest of Alan's family.  I had the opportunity to serve on the BOD with Alan for many years and he never said much, but when he did, people listened.  I'll miss his quiet influences.  He was truly a great guy and we all loved him very much.  This makes me very sad.  Billie Jeanne
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:49:27 am »

I assume U4WDA will be sending a memorial or doing something.  He was definitely a friend of the Four Wheel Drive community and should be recognized by U4WDA!
Rob St. Clair
UFWDA Past President
ghost

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 02:35:15 pm »

Having known and served on the BOD of UFWDA  with Alan for many years, his passing is a great loss to fourwheelers across the globe. His quiet nature brought with it a lot of practicality and commom sense , as well as a vast knowledge of land use issues and solutions.
Rob St.Clair
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 11:07:53 am »

Sorry for the confusion on my previous reply.  I meant UFWDA not U4WDA!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Loss of a great friend and four wheeler « previous next »
Jump to: