UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 12:12:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,058 Posts in 3,262 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: Update on Cape Hatteras National Seashore ORV case « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on Cape Hatteras National Seashore ORV case  (Read 1750 times)
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« on: April 30, 2008, 12:15:59 pm »

UFWDA has requested that the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore Negotiated Rulemaking committee remove environmental plaintiffs from the committee. 

Our letter to the DFO is attached.

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:31:35 am »

There will be a committee meeting for the Cape Hatteras National Seashore on June 17th and 18th.  Many members have asked what they can do to support the ORV community. 

It would be helpful to have attendance by the public at the June 17th and 18th meeting.  There is often press in attendance and it would help support our efforts and get the message out if 30 or 40 ORV users were present during the 2-day meeting.  No speaking is necessary, but if you would like to have a chance to speak there is a public comment period both days around the noon lunch time.  The important thing is to be present.  In addition to supporting ORV access with your presence the money you spend to attend the meeting (gas, lodging, food) will be a very, very big help to the local community. 

If you are intereseted in attending this meeting please contact me directly at attorney@ufwda.org.

I would really like to have 30 - 40 users at this meeting.  I realize it is a sacrifice to attend since it is on two weekdays (Tues. and Wed.).  But it is one very effective and meaningful way to help out.

Thank you,

Carla
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:53:31 am by Carla Boucher » Logged

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:26:15 pm »

Unfortunately, the June meeting was not an option for me. I am assuming that it would be supportive and useful for the OHV community to be represented by numbers at every meeting. Is that correct?

I'm currently looking at being available to attend the October sessions now that I've seen the schedule. (My club, CORE, has our annual run to the OBX --assuming there's enough of the seashore accessible to make it worth the trip-- tentatively scheduled for the weekend following the meeting.)

Is that a correct assumption on my part?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:56 pm »

A change in scheduling meas I will be unable to attend the October session after all as I will find myself in Massachusetts next week instead of NC.

For info though, CORE will still be making our annual trek to OBX and staying in Buxton the weekend of Oct 31-Nov 2 if anyone wishes to hook up with us.

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 05:24:01 pm »

If I lived a little closer.
Even just a couple of states.

Wink

Thank you for your diligent work on yet another issue.
Wouldn't it be nice to run out of issues some day?
Instead, I worry about it getting even worse with the upcoming election. Undecided

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 03:37:46 pm »

Cape Hatteras Access Preservation Alliance (CHAPA) files intent to sue (with Dare County and Hyde County NC) US FWS over Designation of Critical Habitat for Overwintering Piping Plover
http://ncbba.powweb.com/buggyboard//viewtopic.php?p=493#493

--------
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: Update on Cape Hatteras National Seashore ORV case « previous next »
Jump to: