UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:26:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,011 Posts in 3,222 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: RECREATIONAL GROUPS DEFEND MOTORIZED ACCESS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DESERT LAWSUI « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RECREATIONAL GROUPS DEFEND MOTORIZED ACCESS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DESERT LAWSUI  (Read 893 times)
kf6zpl
« on: October 12, 2006, 03:02:33 pm »

RECREATIONAL GROUPS DEFEND MOTORIZED ACCESS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DESERT LAWSUIT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACTS    Don Klusman            John Stewart
                       Natural Resources Consultant      Natural Resources Consultant
(530) 671-4587            (619) 390-8747
klusman@syix.com            john@muirnet.net

DATE: October 11, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – Recreational access groups have filed a notice and motion to intervene in a lawsuit filed by anti-access groups opposed to the West Mojave Plan (WEMO plan) and the Northern and Eastern Colorado Desert Management Plan (WEMO).  These two management plans encompass most of the land in Southern California managed by the Bureau of Land Management.

The intervention was filed today in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (Case No. C 06-4884 SI).  The groups petitioning the court include the California Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc. (CA4WDC), Blue Ribbon Coalition, and the United Four Wheel Drive Associations.

The parties seeking to intervene in the lawsuit have been actively involved in all aspects of the BLM planning process that created the current plan.  John Stewart, a Natural Resource Consultant for CA4WDC, stated that by filing to intervene in this lawsuit, “we are seeking to retain access to these public lands as part of the public’s heritage and history.” 

Dennis Porter, attorney for CA4WDC, stated “The recreational groups seek to participate in this lawsuit to defend the right to legitimate recreational access to the Mojave Desert.”  The Motion to Intervene is scheduled to be heard on December 15, 2006.
# # # #
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:44:50 am »

John

I am getting ready to write a research paper for one of my college classes on the West Mojave Plan and WEMO.
Any links that you have the will help me in my research for this paper, would be much appreciated.

I have all ready found the BLM's site and am looking at info there. 

When I am done with the paper, I will email you a copy if you would like?

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
kf6zpl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:06:02 am »

I would like to have a copy.

I do have a lot of infomration about the Desert Tortoise which is one of the key species that WEMO is supposed to protect.

I will provide you with a url for it today.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 11:14:06 am »

John

Appreciate it. 
I will also send you the early draft that I have to complete for the class for your feedback.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
kf6zpl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 01:22:45 pm »

Information about the desert tortoise is available at:

http://www.muirnet.net/NoteTaker/Desert-Tortoise.ntweb/?1

Additional information about other topics is availabe from my website at:

http://www.muirnet.net

The right-hand column is an index listing to a lot of other data.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 09:14:59 am »

John

Thanks for the links.
What a wealth of info there.  I appreciate the links, and will get you a copy when my paper is done.

Thanks
Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Access (Land Use, RTF, Advocacy, etc)  |  General Land Advocacy  |  Topic: RECREATIONAL GROUPS DEFEND MOTORIZED ACCESS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DESERT LAWSUI « previous next »
Jump to: