UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:00:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,011 Posts in 3,222 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  The Voice (UFWDA online magazine)  |  Topic: 2007 Voice Publication Dates « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Voice Publication Dates  (Read 4301 times)
kf6zpl
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:46 am »

Below is the projected publication dates for the 2007 editions of the Voice.

Issue                        Content Due     Estimated Delivery Date
1st Quarter 2007        Jan 1, 2007     Feb 9, 2007
2nd Quarter 2007       Mar 8, 2007     Apr 30, 2007
3rd Quarter 2007        Jun 8, 2007     Jul 31, 2007
4th Quarter 2007        Sep 8, 2007     Oct 31, 2007

Content can be submitted at any time to VoiceEdit@ufwda.org

Content should be submitted as plain text or Word document.

All photos must be high-resolution.
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:17:36 am »

I know there were some issues in getting the first issue of the Voice out under the new publisihing arrangement.
The last thing I remember seeing was that it would likely be mailed out about Feb 21.
I still haven't received mine and can't seem to locate anyone who has. Has it been delayed further or should those of us who have not received it yet work from the presumption that there is something specifically involving our memberships/subscriptions which needs to be resolved?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
dds4x4
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:41:18 am »

I too, have been looking for my VOICE for the past month???

Thanks, Keith, now I know it is just not me!

PS - Keith, are you bringing that S-10 to CO in 2007??
dds4x4
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:17:58 am »

Apparently it is in the mail.
A member from IFWDA just received his.
I'm waiting.
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:56:02 am »

On 3/06/07 the UFWDA mail house delivered the Voice to the U. S. Post Office for bulk mail delivery. 

As Doug indicated, people in Indiana, as well as in Wisconsin and locations in the Colorado tri-state area have been receiving their Voices since Saturday.  Deliveries within the contintental U.S. should be complete over the next few days. 

If you have not received your Voice by Monday, March 26, please contact our office to report it.  We can verify instantaneously your membership status, address and membership number.  The e-mail for the office is info@ufwda.org or via telephone at 1-800-448-3932 (44-UFWDA). 

The delay we experienced in shipping this edition of the Voice was an internal UFWDA delay and was unique to this edition surrounding some of our advertising commitments.  The delay will not occur with the 2nd edition of the Voice, slated to be received in your mail box the 3rd week of May.   

I'd like to take this opportunity to indicate our pleasure with our new publication design and layout contractor, Publication Designs, and our partners Citizen Printing (printer) and United Mailing (mail house).  They have all performed professionally and honored their on-time commitments to UFWDA. 

I hope you enjoy your new Voice very soon.

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Jay Dolinski
Great Lakes 4 Wheel Drive Association
ghost

SoFO Michigan

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:08:30 am »

I have been affiliated with UFWDA through the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Assoc., going on my 2nd year and I have never received this.   

SoFO Michigan
GLFWDA
UFWDA
9ersgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:16:38 am »

Jay,
We apologize that you have not received the Voice in the Past.  Please verify with your association that your name has been sent in on their roster.  If it has, then Please contact Kathleen, our Office Manager, to verify that your address is correct in our system.  Soon, you will be able to verify this information on-line yourself.

Amanda Cottrell
UWFDA Secretary
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 08:49:33 am by Amanda Cottrell » Logged
Kathleen Snyder
ghost

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47:15 am »

Jay,

If you are also Jason, then we have you on the UFWDA roster.

Kathleen
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13:26 am »

Since I raised the issue, I wanted to provide an update.
I called Kathleen yesterday who confirmed that I was on the list to receive mine and some of the Mid Atlantic folks received their issue of to the Voice so it's "in the mail".

~Keith from Germantown, where the Snail rules in Snail Mail. Smiley

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:41:24 am »

Jay,

If you are also Jason, then we have you on the UFWDA roster.

Kathleen

Perhaps there is an address issue.  Jay could you call Kathleen and make sure she has the correct address?

- Shawn

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
kf6zpl
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 12:06:18 pm »

I would like to separate two distinct issues regarding Voice delivery.

1 - Never or rarely received

2 - Late in receiving.

The current edition of the Voice was delivered to the USPS about Mar 6.  I received mine about a week ago.  Others report receiving theirs this week.  Others have still not seen their copy. 

As Shawn pointed out, part of that may be due to address issues. 

We (UFWDA Board of Directors) recognize that communication with members is important.  The Voice is our direct link.  The "risk" is an incorrect address in our database.  We are striving to correct that by providing the ability for individual members to update their address as necessary through www.ufwda.org

If you have a question about your address, Kathleen can provide address verification.  Or, check the UFWDA website under the menu "Member Services" to verify your address.

As we move forward, the BOD is committed to ensuring prompt communication with members.  The "on-line" database of addresses is one step.  It does require that we have current (and correct) address information for members. 

If you have a question about your membership, please use one of the options available: post it to the forums, use the website member services, or direct email to a BOD member.

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 01:35:13 pm »

Is it possible to make a PDF verson for those that would prefer to receive it that way?
This would also decrease the cost of mailing these to so many people.
I know some people do not have computers and would not want it this way.
You could use the database of members, and have a check box for mail delivery of the voice.  Then the database would only print a mailing label for those that needed a paper copy of the voice.
All the others would get a electronic version.

Just an idea.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
kf6zpl
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 02:10:27 pm »

We are refining the website to provide that opportunity.

The current edition is available at:

http://www.muirnet.net/Public/orgs/ufwda/ufwda-voice/voice_1st_qtr_2007.pdf

Jay Dolinski
Great Lakes 4 Wheel Drive Association
ghost

SoFO Michigan

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 03:54:42 pm »

I would like to separate two distinct issues regarding Voice delivery.

1 - Never or rarely received

2 - Late in receiving.

The current edition of the Voice was delivered to the USPS about Mar 6.  I received mine about a week ago.  Others report receiving theirs this week.  Others have still not seen their copy.

I fall under the "1".    I have never seent his publication in any shape or form.   

SoFO Michigan
GLFWDA
UFWDA
9ersgirl
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 05:01:44 pm »

Again - Jay have you checked your address online or with Kathleen?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  The Voice (UFWDA online magazine)  |  Topic: 2007 Voice Publication Dates « previous next »
Jump to: