UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 01:14:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,026 Posts in 3,236 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Rock crawl info « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock crawl info  (Read 561 times)
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« on: July 30, 2008, 05:35:13 am »

I've got interest from a motorsport park under development in New Zealand for the idea of incorporating a man-made rock crawl facility during construction.  They are interested in links that illustrate what can be done with concrete etc.  They have an area of land inside a racetrack that is flanked by grandstands. The land drops lower than the track and some challenges could enter or exit from the track.

An interesting project if it can be achieved.

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:20:08 am »

Peter

I would look at WeRock and CalRocks to see what they have done with venues like that.
I am sure they have links to things like that.

It can be done.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Paul Hittie
Just a guy with a Jeep!
ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:37 am »

Ambassador Member Jim Mazzola compiled a lot of data to assist a county ORV park here in MI put together a rock crawl - not sure if any of his information included concrete, or if it was all rocks/logs.

Member - What Lies Beyond Jeep Club
VP - Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Rock crawl info « previous next »
Jump to: