UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 10:09:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: One Tank Of Fuel Campaign « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One Tank Of Fuel Campaign  (Read 3019 times)
BEN WOOD
ghost

« on: October 28, 2008, 02:23:52 pm »

A follow up post to Jennifer Leslie's post about the VA4WDA meeting held last night, a club within VA4WDA challenged the clubs and members of VA4WDA to a "TANK OF GAS" donation. Now as a member of VA4WDA we challenge the OTHER ASSOCIATIONS and members under UFWDA to the same challenge. You all have seen the flyer on the web site and in the Voice. If every member was to donate a "TANK OF GAS" , UFWDA will be able to fight to keep OUR trails open. STEP UP TO THE CHALLENGE!!!  BEN

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Melissa Simmons
ghost

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 03:15:23 pm »

Screamin' BEN WOOD said:
A follow up post to Jennifer Leslie's post about the VA4WDA meeting held last night, a club within VA4WDA challenged the clubs and members of VA4WDA to a "TANK OF GAS" donation. Now as a member of VA4WDA we challenge the OTHER ASSOCIATIONS and members under UFWDA to the same challenge. You all have seen the flyer on the web site and in the Voice. If every member was to donate a "TANK OF GAS" , UFWDA will be able to fight to keep OUR trails open. STEP UP TO THE CHALLENGE!!!  BEN

I think it would be really fun to challenge ALL clubs who are members of UFWDA to get all their members to participate in the "Tank of Gas" challenge.  I figure it this way ... even in this economy, if we have the money to drive a 4x4 and go wheelin, seems to me, we can scrape up  the money to put some fuel in it.  Why not donate the equivalent tank of gas, to keep UFWDA motorin down the trails for us?  THANKS UFWDA, for ALL you do!!!

Milt, Tom, Carla, Todd - one of you web master guru types - is there any sort of way to track the Tank O Gas challenge results by state or association or club here on the website?   Grin

Happy Trails,
Mel

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »

Milt, Tom, Carla, Todd - one of you web master guru types - is there any sort of way to track the Tank O Gas challenge results by state or association or club here on the website?   Grin

Happy Trails,
Mel

Melissa

yes, there is with excel, as we would just need to know what club and association donated what. 
Create charts from that data to post here.

Easy enough.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »

Melissa

yes, there is with excel, as we would just need to know what club and association donated what. 
Create charts from that data to post here.

Easy enough.

Todd

Some of us are spoiled by web bill pay and hate writing checks and buying stamps.  Make it easy on me and put the option in the store so I can charge it or send a paypal or something.  Just a thought.
And if I may even go so far as to say United has not exactly made this tank of gas movement very well known.  The last Voice issue I received was the first I ever heard or saw of it.  And frankly I can't find that issue, so if I wanted to donate right now I wouldn't even know where to send it.  Ok, sure I'm smart enough to figure it out, I'm making a point here.  A quick scan of the main United page and it's not found, or at least I didn't see it.  I'd think you'd want something like that to stand out.  It's not even here on the forum anywhere.  People are not going to go seeking out a way to donate, especially if it is difficult to find what they are looking for.  Just a suggestion from a different point of view.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:28:06 pm by Keith Fromme » Logged

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Tom Sumner
ghost

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 06:12:13 pm »

I'm working on it. Gimme a little bit o time and I will have a few things setup.

~ - - 4 x 4 = Dirt, Mud, & Rock ~ - -
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:38:34 pm »

Great.  I did not mean that to sound like I was criticizing, just offering a suggestion.  I've also been informed that I have had more exposure to this than I realized, I was apparently not paying attention.  Sorry about that. 

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Tom Sumner
ghost

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:18:34 pm »

Oh no...you didn't say anything wrong. No worries. That is why I hate text. It so often seems like it comes out the wrong way. You are fine. Keep the ideas coming. That was an excellent idea by the way. It just happens that all the ones behind the scenes it takes to get things done are spread across the nation and and the globe and on different time zones and us catching up with each other to negotiate each others spare moments is sometimes harder to do than saving money!  Roll Eyes LOL

Thanks again for the great ideas!

dds4x4
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 09:11:23 pm »

While they are working on website enhancements to collect donations, there is still no way (that I see presently) to make a donation on-line to the Land Action Fund.

Again it should be available at every opportunity when someone signs up through membership, event registration, the store and where ever.  Each is a missed opportunity for an additional donation.  People don't want to write 2 checks or process 2 credit card authorizations.   KISS works!       
Tom Sumner
ghost

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »

Another wonderful idea! Thank you and keep the ideas coming. I am working in the background with these ideas and listing them as they come in. I am currently working on them now. I hope to have them completed by morning.

Tom Sumner
ghost

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:46 pm »

Another Update. The ability to make donations for the "ONE TANK OF FUEL" Campaign is now available through the Online Store. All those who wish to utilize that method please do so and please please pass it along to others that it is now available.  A quick link is here..http://www.ufwda.org/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13 

I am working on trying to find a setup method for donations so you can select an amount that will work with the store software but that process will take some time. I am working on it though.

Thanks for hanging with me.

Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 09:19:26 am »

Very nice guys on this work, and finding a way to make this easier for our members.

For those that asked for this to make it easier, thanks, and please keep the ideas coming.

Thanks

Todd

That was fast, and looks good, way to go!  I will just mention it automatically adds a shipping charge when it's added to the cart.  Now I have to go make good on it....   Wink
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:24:13 am by Keith Fromme » Logged

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Tom Sumner
ghost

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:06 am »

Shipping charge? Eh? How much was it? I didn't have any shipping setup for any of those. Okay..I'm headed there now. I sure hope I didn't mess it up! Eeek!  Roll Eyes

EDIT:

I fixed the problem. I apologize sincerely for that oversight. That is the first time setting up something in the store for me using that software. I will refund the shipping cost out of my pocket to you.  I am so sorry about that.  Embarrassed

I will drop it in the mail it to you.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:04:28 am by Tom Sumner » Logged

Richard Wiggs
ghost

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 10:53:27 am »

I've made the commitment to kick the "Tank of Gas" campaign up a notch and donate $25/month to United for as long as I remain a member.  I have already mailed in my first check of $50 for October and November.

I CHALLANGE ALL UNITED MEMBERS TO DO THE SAME!

I challenge ALL United members to look into their hearts and wallets to see if YOU can do the same, even if it's $5 or $1 or $100.  If this organization is worth belonging to, it is worth supporting!

Richard Wiggs
Blue Ridge Rock Mafia
Virginia Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 11:56:30 am »

Shipping charge? Eh? How much was it? I didn't have any shipping setup for any of those. Okay..I'm headed there now. I sure hope I didn't mess it up! Eeek!  Roll Eyes

EDIT:

I fixed the problem. I apologize sincerely for that oversight. That is the first time setting up something in the store for me using that software. I will refund the shipping cost out of my pocket to you.  I am so sorry about that.  Embarrassed

I will drop it in the mail it to you.   Grin

Don't worry about it.  Keep it in the coffers, and keep my Voice in color.    Grin

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 11:57:28 am »

Richard and Keith

Thanks for stepping up, and the challenge to all members.

I would ask that this be a whole new thread though so it does not get lost within this thread.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: One Tank Of Fuel Campaign « previous next »
Jump to: