UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:00:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,011 Posts in 3,222 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: 2009 UFWDA Annual Meeting « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 UFWDA Annual Meeting  (Read 1134 times)
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« on: November 04, 2008, 08:32:01 pm »

Anyone know if a location and date has been identified?
jim
Bob DeVore
UFWDA Treasurer
ghost

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:14 am »

Inquiring Minds would like to know...

Jarhead
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 10:01:59 pm »

knock,knock......Carla or anyone from the BOD care to chime in and at least tell us WHAT you're thinking about??
So far it looks like at least 71 other people have the same inquiring minds like Bob!
jim-kb8ymf
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:54:08 pm »

As discussed at the AGM in July in New Hampshire, UFWDA is considering 2 locations for the 2009 AGM.  Those locations will be west of the MIssissippi to honor our long-standing tradition which alternates the location east to west every other year. 

The two lcoations under consideration for 2009 are Salt Lake City, UT and Dallas, TX.  Gene King, delegate to UFWDA from the Colorado State Association was kind enough to research accomodations and pricing in SLC, UT.  UFWDA researched accomdations and pricing for TX. 

We are trying to make a final determination this week so that full details can be shared on the location chosen, registration forms, trail riding opportunities, etc. 

Thank you,

Carla Boucher, Attoney
UFWDA

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:57:57 pm »

Once a location is choosen, I will have the forum admin create a new topic area for the 2009 AGM.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:38:38 pm »

I haven't heard anything in regard to whether the financial situation of United has improved.  However, with the assumption that is has not, I reluctantaly question the feasibility of a face to face meeting in 2009 as I brought up at the New Hampshire meeting.  It has been said these are very costly for United and as a delegate I know it is very costly for the organizations we represent and ourselves personally.  This I think became quite apparent at the meeting in New Hampshire with the poor attendance and wonder if a one year sabbatical is realistic.  If so, I would recommend an Annual Report be e-mailed out to all delegates and members (postal mail for those who do not have an e-mail address) at least a month before the regular meeting would be held and request questions, etc. be submitted prior to that time frame.  Then have some sort of a conference call type program as you have done in the past and go from there.  I am just planting a seed for thought that I suspect is already planted, but this gets it out in the open.  Maybe even have a semi-annual report to the membership--like the end of this year would be majorly helpful!
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:27:10 pm »

Luana,
If I remember my Corporation requirements correctly, we are required by law to hold one (1) meeting per year in a face to face setting. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
However, to potentially suggest some solution why couldn't the AGM be put in conjunction with an already existing event.  Just like 10 or so years ago we went to Arizona I think (memory is such a terrible thing to loose!) and we had our AGM in conjunction with a Assn Event. While this virtually saves NO money from the Delegates/AGM attendees, it may save a few pennies on the facility reservations and putting the meetings in rooms already reserved for the Assn.
This potentially allows the Delegates/AGM attendee an opportunity to met with the local Assn members and 'lunch' off their trail riding activities. However, the AGM would have to be scheduled off the weekend as the trail rides would be then. The dumbest thing I see almost every year is the hosting Assn has trail rides right at the exact same time as the business meetings. Whom do they think will participate in these rides?

jim-kb8ymf 
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 02:39:06 pm »

Jim,

We are actually working on that exact idea. As soon as the details are complete we will announce the location and event. It is just about finished and we should be announcing it very soon. I apologize for the delay but we want to make sure that every t is crossed and every i dotted before we release to avoid confusion or upset. We will have all of the details to you as soon as possible.
Thanks
Marti
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: 2009 UFWDA Annual Meeting « previous next »
Jump to: