UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 04:09:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Electronic Voice poll « previous next »
Poll
Question: If you could get a Electronic copy (PDF) of the voice, would you prefer it over the paper copy?  (Voting closed: December 07, 2008, 12:24:44 pm)
Yes - 9 (39.1%)
No - 13 (56.5%)
Unsure - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Electronic Voice poll  (Read 989 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« on: November 17, 2008, 12:24:44 pm »

The issue has been raised about the possiblility of getting a electronic copy of the Voice, vice a paper copy? 
What do you prefer?

Please give us some feedback to help the overall membership and the whole Organization.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
SinCityFJC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:59:05 pm »

My household gets 2 copies since George & I are members
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:01:10 pm »

I would, sure.  Especially if it would save a significant amount of money.  No matter though, I prefer most of my stuff be sent electronically; I just print out anything I need. 

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:50 pm »

No, No, NO!!

I can take a printed VOICE and "accidentally" leave it in the waiting area at the DMV, or the tire shop, or the doctor or leave it on the corner of my desk at work where someone will see it. I could do the same thing with a pdf that I print out myself but it won't get the same attention.

I have mentioned before that I would gladly purchase an extra subscription or three if the opportunity were available. There is something about a glossy magazine that just isn't there elsewhere. If we have to do it to cut costs, go to fewer pages, or even only three issues per year but please don't cut it out completely!

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:32:48 pm »

Where the option for BOTH. Hard copy AND .pdf?   Many times there are tid bits that need to be distributed to other venues and I don't treasure cutting up my nice magazine. Scanning it is not always an option.
jim-kb8ymf
Chris Boucher
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:15 am »

I'm with Keith.  I've been a United member for 20 years, and I love the professional, glossy magazine.  I'll take it just the way it is, fewer issues if necessary, or by subscription, whatever makes it viable.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:08:35 am »

I do remember the question when it was posted in the survey and even on the survey, most people prefered the paper copy.  I know I do for most things.
I also like the option of the electronic copy so I could print specific sections to give to people if needed.

I am not asking this question as a way of possibly eliminating the paper copy of the voice, and going electronic format. 
I love the professional look of our color magazine.  It is nice to be able to leave it at someones office, or store and for it to be noticed.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 09:49:27 pm »

I am not asking this question as a way of possibly eliminating the paper copy of the voice, and going electronic format. 

Then, satisfy my curiosity, why are you asking it?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:16:50 pm »

I wanted to see the overall general conscensus was.
At this point, I still do not have enough replies to have a good sampling of members.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Electronic Voice poll « previous next »
Jump to: