UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 10:52:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,036 Posts in 3,242 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: UFWDA Va Wheel-in Info « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFWDA Va Wheel-in Info  (Read 23888 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:54 pm »

John,

I will transfer your registration to the Texas Wheel-in. We will have that information available very soon. As soon as that registration is available I will send you a confirmation email.

Thanks
Marti
David Coombs
ghost

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 05:19:32 pm »

Marti

What is the process for canceling my registration and getting a refund for the Wheel-In and additional T-Shirt and Meal ticket. I see that the rules have just changed for 2009. I brought my self-contained Truck (Slide-In) Camper and was a trail guide for the 2008 Wheel-In. I assumed it would be the same primitive camping as the 2008 event when I registered back in December which was advertised at the time. I also checked with local Campgrounds in the area and they will not be open yet for the season. I am not in a position to purchase additional camping equipment for this event.

I look forward to your response

Thank You
David Coombs
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:32:10 pm by David Coombs » Logged
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2009, 06:10:15 pm »

David,
Where does it say you can't use your camper? 

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Al Handy
ghost

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:14 pm »

Misty Mountain Camp Ground is open, it is about 1/2 hour north of Oak Ridge, nice place, stayed there last year.  Will be there this year.

Al
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:23 pm »

Hi All,
Sorry i made a mistake on the camping rules. Here are the actual rules, sorry about that.
Primitive camping

Porta potties will be provided.

Grey water disposal tanks will be provided.

Trash dumpster will be provided.

No showers will be provided.

Please note: Any type of camper, RV, whatever you call it, that contains a water-flushed toilet, AND a lavatory, AND a shower AND a kitchen sink, are PROHIBITED.

Thanks
Marti
Allan Parmenter
ghost

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2009, 11:57:52 am »

Will there be any food vendors on site?
Timothy J Talboom
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2009, 07:45:18 am »

so i ordered my ticket for the wheel in, an extra meal ticket(and the trail head tire deflators) on the 30th... so do those get mailed out or do we bring our reciepts to the event... if they get mailed when should i be expecting them to arrive.

thanks

tj
Timothy J Talboom
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »

so i ordered my ticket for the wheel in, an extra meal ticket(and the trail head tire deflators) on the 30th... so do those get mailed out or do we bring our reciepts to the event... if they get mailed when should i be expecting them to arrive.

thanks

tj

also i've never received my membership card...
Billie Jeanne Fish
ghost

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 01:03:36 pm »

Hi All,
Sorry i made a mistake on the camping rules. Here are the actual rules, sorry about that.
Primitive camping

Porta potties will be provided.

Grey water disposal tanks will be provided.

Trash dumpster will be provided.

No showers will be provided.

Please note: Any type of camper, RV, whatever you call it, that contains a water-flushed toilet, AND a lavatory, AND a shower AND a kitchen sink, are PROHIBITED.

Thanks
Marti

Marti - this is a real bummer and didn't seem clearly defined!  We were planning to bring our toy hauler which is fully self-contained.  Staying 1/2 hour away is not highly desirable.  Are you giving refunds?  I have to discuss this with Wayne.  Billie Jeanne
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:10:51 pm by Billie Jeanne Fish » Logged
Chris Boucher
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2009, 02:19:28 pm »

No refunds for anyone whose last name starts with the letter "F". Shocked

Billie Jean,  I am looking into some options for you.  I am heading to Oak Ridge this weekend and will check with the folks at Lake Nelson to see what (if anything) we can do.
Billie Jeanne Fish
ghost

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2009, 03:24:58 pm »

Chris - you rock!  And, by the way, I'm going by my maiden name now which is Fender, oh nevermind that doesn't help...  Anyway, I sent my friend Emily at Lake Nelson an email this morning and I am hoping for a reply.  I told her that we're fully self-contained and don't need to partake in the wonderful amenities at Lake Nelson, but merely need a place to park.  Keep your fingers crossed.  Billie Jeanne Fish Fender Smith
Chris Boucher
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2009, 10:12:16 pm »

Hey, SMIFF has an F sound in it.  still no refund.   Wink
I'll check on Plan B, also.
Teal J
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2009, 08:55:46 am »

How many spaces are left for the wheel in?
Chris Hannis
Twin City Bushwackers
ghost

President: W4WDA

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2009, 09:31:51 am »

Camping- you are correct, it is primitive camping and no RV's are allowed.

Are RV's Not allowed? Or no RV Hook ups availible?

"You get what you put in and people get what they desirve" Kidd Rock
Billie Jeanne Fish
ghost

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:15 am »

Chris,

Per Marti's earlier post:  "Please note: Any type of camper, RV, whatever you call it, that contains a water-flushed toilet, AND a lavatory, AND a shower AND a kitchen sink, are PROHIBITED."

My husband and I are looking for an alternative, but we REALLY don't want to drive all the way to Charlottesville for camping - UGHH!  Billie Jeanne
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: UFWDA Va Wheel-in Info « previous next »
Jump to: