UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 01:14:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,048 Posts in 3,254 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: A plea from your current forum admin... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A plea from your current forum admin...  (Read 1419 times)
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« on: November 05, 2008, 08:54:53 am »

Folks, friends, enemies  Grin, fellow wheelers, webwheelers, friends I have yet to met, etc -  I understand that many people have passion around 4 Wheeling, their own organizations and even what "an individual" thinks is right or appropriate (trust me there isn't an e-mail or pm over the last several weeks that hasn't expressed an opinion to me about what needs to / must be done, deleted, restored, renamed, who should be banned, who is a _____, etc. - and in most every one of them only "they" are right and no matter what anyone else's thought might be it's wrong).  My job on these forums isn't to make the BOD happy, to make the members happy or to make the contractors happy - my job is to perform a function that keeps people on track, continue open dialouge without falling into attacks and in general to protect people as best I can.

As an extension of that here is what I ask - it is simple really:

Please remember when you are posting (or PM'ing) on these forums (or any other forum) that you are talking about a person who has feelings, who in general wouldn't be taking the time to be here (whether a member or a BOD member or another volunteer or someone just looking around) if they didn't care about the sport, a person that may have made mistakes or not, but that really believes they are trying to help.

There is no time in history where man will ever get along completely - that fact has been proven over and over and over again - but for the sake of this sport.  For the sake of having places to continue to enjoy the outdoors with our family and friends - instead of fighting all the time, why not take the time to get to know each other and then work on a solution that is viable for all.

The BOD of UFWDA is made up of volunteers - from all walks of life (just like the delegates, representatives and individual members) - they were elected by the members of UFWDA in an open election.  They appoint or hire the employees / contractors.  There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with them.  And there is nothing wrong with them disagreeing with you - that is how things change and morph into something better.

Let's remember that these people are working for UFWDA which means whether you agree with them or not, they are working for you (if you are a member or belong to a member organization).  They are taking time out of their days (just like you as a volunteer) to perform the duties of their office.  Some do it better than others - just like in your own organizations.  Treat them like you would expect to be treated or want to be treated.  Have discussions, but have respect (and this goes for the BOD member and employees in their comments back to people as well).

This last election process there were more choices than anytime I have been involved with UFWDA - that is a good thing.  That was in July and every member had the oppurtunity to vote either at the AGM or via mail in ballot (for the first time).

My point here is that whether it is an "official" with UFWDA, or a "delegate" or "representative" from an Member Organization, an individual member or even someone that has yet to become a member - let's treat them with respect and they too should reflect the same respect.

We have a common goal... we all believe we know how to get there... in some places things work better than in others - but let's all learn the lessons and make our "community" better.  I want my children and their children to be able to access the same beautiful places that I have been to; in whatever manner they choose.

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:17:01 am »

Amen.  Thanks, Shawn.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
SinCityFJC
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:51:19 pm »

I couldn't agree more  Cool
Gene Ockert
UFWDA Vice President
ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:50:45 pm »

Shawn,

Sorry to see you move on. Hope you keep us on track at times. There are times when we need that extra voice.

Gene

member of UFWDA, Nevadabackroaders, BRC
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:21:52 pm »

Shawn, I agree.
Maybe this is why I received a copy of the Forum Rules via my email.  At first I thought I must be getting a warning but I then thought, yea, just an Update.

I tried to respond to the person that sent it but to no avail.  It seems Milt's email address is attached but he does not perform this function.  Could we update the email address please?

Bob Temple 

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:32:29 pm »

Bob

I updated for forum software, and updated the reply email address for when we send out info to the forum users, as we did with posting the new forum rules.

I think we always had some rules here, but they were unwritten.
We finally did that, and wanted to let all of our users know.

Sorry for not catching the email address issue prior to sending it out though.
You are not the first to comment about it though, and we do appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Forum Admin

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: A plea from your current forum admin... « previous next »
Jump to: