UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:39:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,064 Posts in 3,267 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: WHEEL-IN VRGINIA 2009 FAQ'S « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHEEL-IN VRGINIA 2009 FAQ'S  (Read 1377 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:13 pm »

Q. How can I register?
A. On line: There is a registration on the website.
Mail: You may take the registration out of the forum and mail it into the office.
Telephone: You may call 434-465-5302 and register over the phone.

Q. Where can I find my member number if I do not remember it?
A. You may email the Membership Director at membership@ufwda.org or mpufwda@gmail.com to find your member number.

Q.  Do I need my membership number?
A. Yes, there is a discount for members and you will need to have your number to register.

Q. What methods of payment can I use?
A. Credit Card: you may use a credit card on the website, on the phone or you may use it with the mail in registration.
Check: you may send in a check with your mail in registration.
Money order: you may send it in with the mail in registration.

Q. What is the registration deadline?
A. The deadline for the registration is March 1, 2008.

Q. Is there a limit on the number of vehicles allowed?
A. Yes, there is a limit.

Q. What does the registration fee cover?
A. It covers the driver of the vehicle. It will include a t-shirt and meal ticket for the driver only. It also allows for you to bring passengers (as many as you have seat belts for in your trail vehicle) but t-shirts and meal tickets will not be included for passengers.Additional Meal tickets and t-shirts will need to be purchased. We will not have additional t-shirts or meal tickets on site. They will need to be purchased in advance.

Q.  If I want to bring a second vehicle, do I need a second registration for it?
A.  Yes, as mentioned above, the primary registration only covers the first vehicle and driver and occupants.

Q. How can I purchase additional meal tickets and t-shirts for passengers?
A. The best place to purchase additional meal tickets and t-shirts is the UFWDA store site, however, you may purchase additional meal tickets or t-shirts on the registration form with the mail in registration.
    If you register on the phone you may purchase the additional items when you call in.
    If you sign up on line, you may purchase the items on the store website.

Q. Are children allowed?
A. yes

Q. Can I bring coolers or outside food to the event?
A. yes

Q. What is going on the first day of the event and when should I arrive?
A. Registration will begin on Thursday, March 12, 2008 at 4:00 p.m. There will be vendors set up and activities for the kids.

Q. Where can I stay that is close to the site?
A. We are providing free on site camping this year and encourage participants to stay at Oak Ridge. If you do not wish to stay on site there are towns within a thirty-forty minute drive of Oak Ridge that have Hotel accommodations, Charlottesville, Virginia which is north of Oak Ridge on 29N. and Lynchburg which is South of Oak Ridge on 29S.

Q. Where is Oak Ridge?
A. It is located in Nelson County, Virginia.

Q. What's the weather like in Nelson County, VA. in the middle of March?
A.  The high temperature is typically in the mid to upper 50s.  I'm sure the weather will be perfect for the Wheel-in. However, this Estate is close to the mountains and can be a little chilly or cold in March.

Q.  What are the Oak Ridge trails like?
A.  The Oak Ridge trail system consists of 42+ miles of trails located on private property in Nelson County, VA.  There are creek crossings, steep hill climbs, and a few rock     climbs.  There is very little mud (unless it rains, then watch out)  The trails are fairly easy with some harder obstacles sprinkled throughout the trail system.  Camp Jeep has been held here 6 times.  Please note Oak Ridge is private property and does not allow open wheeling.

Q. What activities are planned for this year?
A. We have a lot of new activities planned this year and will post them as the event gets closer. We will have seminars from industry professionals about gear, proper user ethics. In addition, we will have lots of fun contests this year so that there is a little something for everyone. We will offer various trail riding experiences this year so if you are not interested in trail riding all day you will have that option. In addition, we will activities going throughout most of the day to give you something to do if you are not interested in an all day trail ride but would like to do something fun! We will also have brochures of Wine tours (the area is rich with wineries). We will also have information for Micro Breweries as well if that is what you are interested in. Friday night we will have a campfire and acoustic set with a great local entertainer. As always, we will have an obstacle course for the kids so make sure they bring their Power Wheels, it was a great hit last year!! As things get closer to the event we will have a full schedule posted to the site. Please watch your emails as well as we will send out emails with pertinent information closer to the event.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:49:03 pm by Todd Ockert » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: WHEEL-IN VRGINIA 2009 FAQ'S « previous next »
Jump to: