Announcing the UFWDA Best TRAIL CHEF Contest:
Location: 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel-in
Date: Thursday, March 12. 2008
Time: Cooking starts at 4:00 p.m.
Judging starts at 7:30 p.m.
Registration: Register when you check in on Thursday.
United Four Wheel Drive Associations would like to announce the Best Trail Chef Contest that will be held on Thursday evening March 12, 2008. The contest will be open to everyone that wants to participate. You do not have to pre-register for the contest, we ask that you simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know that you will be participating in the contest. The registration for the contest will occur Thursday evening when you check in for the event. Participants can make anything that they would like and will be judged on taste, creativity and degree of difficulty for trail cooking.
Rules of the contest:
• MUST BE A REGISTERED PARTICIPANT OF THE WHEEL-IN EVENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
• You must use only what you can transport in your vehicle. In other words, you may not bring anything that will not fit within your vehicle. If you have to trailer a grill then it can not be used. You may use a grill if you can transport it in the vehicle.
• You can use any ingredients that you would like to use- the sky is the limit.
• All cooking must take place on site. You may not prepare anything in advance, unless you have a marinade that could be prepared and then taken on the trail.
• You must have all food prepared by 7:30 p.m. and to the judges table.
We will have a panel of judges that you will be cooking for so you will need to prepare enough food for four people to sample. The judges will sample each dish and determine a winner that evening. Participants are welcome to cook enough for others to sample as well.
The winner will have their recipe placed, if they want to share it,in the UFWDA Voice publication. If not, we will write an article about them and the competition. In addition, participant will win a trophy and a prize. The winner will also have bragging rights for a year as United Four Wheel Drive Associations’ top trail chef!