UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:21:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Why does United not list all member clubs on the website? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does United not list all member clubs on the website?  (Read 1248 times)
Alan Staiman
ghost

« on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:37 am »

My club Off Camber Crawlers of Virginia (OCC) has been a member of United (via Virginia 4 Wheel Drive Association) sat 100% membership since its inception in 1997.
I see that clubs which join for the $100 club fee are listed but not clubs such as mine which join under an umbrella organization such as Va.

Is there a way we can have our club information listed on United's web site as members?
 It is a small thing but it is recognition of the these clubs such as mine who support United and aids us in getting new members.

Alan Staiman
Off Camber Crawlers
www.offcambercrawlers.com
Virginia 4 Wheel Drive Association Board member
1986 Jeep CJ7

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:29:16 am »

Alan

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I am sure this is a quick, 5 minute fix for our web master.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Alan Staiman
ghost

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:30:31 pm »

Thanks Todd,

I think it is a goodwill statement to the supporting clubs and will be appreciated.

Alan Staiman
Off Camber Crawlers
www.offcambercrawlers.com
Virginia 4 Wheel Drive Association Board member
1986 Jeep CJ7
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 11:41:43 am »

Alan

What happens, is when a club joins through a supporting organization, like your club through the Va association, we do not get a list of all the member clubs.

We list the association with a link to their web site. 

So, it has historically been that we do not list these clubs.  It would take a lot of man-hours to research all the clubs of each of the associations and add them to the member clubs. 

We will discuss this at our next BOD phone conference to see how we want to approach this item.

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Andrew Harvin
ghost

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:33 am »

Alan

What happens, is when a club joins through a supporting organization, like your club through the Va association, we do not get a list of all the member clubs.

We list the association with a link to their web site. 

So, it has historically been that we do not list these clubs.  It would take a lot of man-hours to research all the clubs of each of the associations and add them to the member clubs. 

We will discuss this at our next BOD phone conference to see how we want to approach this item.

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Todd

Why not have the "supporting organization" submit the list to UFWDA? It would save time on the UFWDA end and the supporting organization" and in theory should have that list handy.
Chris Hannis
Twin City Bushwackers
ghost

President: W4WDA

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 09:20:41 pm »

To be listed your organization would need to spend $100 like the rest of the organizations. if you have 34 members or more your your OIP would cover the original $100.

"You get what you put in and people get what they desirve" Kidd Rock
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:46:49 am »

Chris

Thanks for posting that.

It is something that we can talk about at a board meeting later this month.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:35:25 pm »

Alan,

The way my club (The Two Trackers Four Wheel Drive Club, Inc) accomplishes the same thing is to join United as a $100 organization with NO members (No OIP, minimum voting rights).  Then we send each of our club member's United dues to Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association (GLFWDA).  GLFWDA signs our members up with United and gets the OIP and the additional voting rights.  My club doesn't have the funds to send a Delegate to the Convention, while GLFWDA does.  So we give our votes to GLFWDA.

Basically, we join through GLFWDA, but we spend the $100 just to keep our personalized listing too.

Hope it helps.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Why does United not list all member clubs on the website? « previous next »
Jump to: