UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:20:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,064 Posts in 3,267 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Venezuela 4x4s « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Venezuela 4x4s  (Read 1214 times)
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:40 pm »

My S10 forum has recently been contacted by a Blazer group in Venezuela. Based on the limited translations of babelfish and the pictures, it appears they are also recreational four wheelers. Is there a chance that we have someone who is fluent in written Spanish who would be willing to talk to them about the benefits of UFWDA? Thanks!

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:14 pm »

Hi Keith, you raise a good point about languages and it would certainly be a help to UFWDA if we are able to identify a group of people who might assist with translations of various languages.  I'm limited to the array of English variations!

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:13:43 pm »

Yes, it's a question I've wondered about in the past but never brought up until a specific need showed up.
Our conversations have been rather limited. One picture that was shared resulted in at least 3 rounds of back and forth before we established the question was why a window was being removed from a vehicle but the real reason never managed to survive the combination.

Maybe that's something (ability to write or speak at least basic communications) that you would mention in the next e-newsletter?

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:45:47 am »

I use to have a link to a web page that could do translations.
I will have to see if I can find it.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:40:32 pm »

Translators I used are on iGoogle which was really useful as Great Lakes 4WD Assn recently entertained the Editor and his Photographer from Sweden 4WD magazine   http://www.4wheeldrive.se/
They came to Michigan to cover the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. They could only be here for one day but the folks running Sno-Fari event    http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=6818    showed them a great time. According to Gunner and Joachim there will be an article in an upcoming issue.
Great International  discussions on 4 wheeling differences. For example, they are not allowed to wheel unless permission is given. It takes months to get it. This is even for wheeling on your own land. You can only travel off the road if your farming or harvesting trees, i.e. logging. Other than that it's a no go! Also while we were out on a trail ride we have some trees that had fallen across the road. I got out to cut it up and brush back the trail. You would have thought I just kicked their family dog into oncoming traffic. They couldn't believe we could actually cut trees out of the way. Mind you the trees were maybe 1" in diameter. They were more of a scratch hazard than a real obstacle to crawl over. Some other pretty funny stories.......
I have intentions of writing an article. Soon!
jim-kb8ymf
Keith Holman
ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:15:01 pm »

I have used http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ which helps with some of the basics but we're missing some of the nuances.

--------
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Venezuela 4x4s « previous next »
Jump to: