UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:12:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,049 Posts in 3,255 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: Thank You!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank You!!  (Read 2522 times)
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations
ghost

« on: March 16, 2009, 03:26:31 pm »

I just want to say thank you to all of the volunteers and participants for coming out to the Wheel-in! I appreciate all of you hanging out with us even in the snow, rain, sleet and really cold weather to support UFWDA and the Wheel-in!

Thank you to Lost Jeepers for all of the amazing raffle donations and for all of the fire wood that kept us warm over the weekend! We all owe you a great big thanks for keeping us thawed out over the weekend and for donating all of those raffle prizes! Thank you so much!

Thank you to all of the Trail Guides who got everyone off the trail safely despite the nasty weather and who work really hard to make sure that everyone has a great time. You guys do an amazing job keeping calm and collected when everyone else is panicking! You guys really are fantastic and thank you again so much for all of your hard work!

Thank you to River City for all of the help that you guys gave us over the weekend and for the invitation to the great fish fry!  We could not have done it without you!

While there were many people that helped us this weekend, there a few that went above and beyond and I would like to thank them for all of their help this weekend!

Steve and Laura - Thank you so much for all of your help and for always being there and for being the first ones there and the last ones to leave at every event, I can not tell you how much I appreciate that! You guys are amazing!!!! Thank you for bringing the reverse steer vehicle, for helping with the signs, for sitting in the cold weather to get participants registered, helping with the driving course, bringing the fire wood, delivering all of the Lost Jeepers donations and hounding the parts guys for more and much, much more! We could not have done it without you!

Jimmy Hyman - Thank you very much Jimmy for all the time you spent with us Wednesday working on the driving course, overseeing everything, putting up the ropes, helping with the signs, putting up the tables, keeping me calm, helping to clean up on Sunday, trail guiding throughout the weekend, participating in the trail chef contest and much, much more!!! You are a life saver and I do not know what I would have done without you!!

Sharon Anderton - Thank you for all of your help on with selling store stuff, helping set up on Wednesday, taking Chase with you on the trails, being supportive and a lot more! Thank you for helping with all that you did throughout the entire weekend and being a great supporter! We would not have been able to do it without you! You kept me in stitches and I really appreciate all of your help and all that you do for UFWDA and me!

John Bailey - Thank you john for taking time off of work to come out and help us set up on Wednesday with the driving course, the ropes and much, much more! There is no way we could have done this without you and I really appreciate all of your help!

Jack Hinds - Thank you so much for helping us with putting together the driving course and supervising the driving course ALL weekend! It was a huge help to me for you to be there and to take care of all of that for us. I really appreciate you being there and for all of your help with everything! Thank you so much!

Richard Drechsel - Thank you Richard for all of your help with the raffle tickets. You did a great job and I really appreciate all that you did for us this weekend. You are a great friend for staying with Steve and making sure that everything was taken care of with him! Thank you so much for all that you did for us this weekend!! I could not have done it without you and you did a great job!

Jill Collier - Thank you for helping with the registration and in the store and for all that you did for us this weekend! Your help and support means a lot and I really appreciate it.

Keith Fromme - Thank you Keith for helping with the trash. I know that is not a very fun job and I really appreciate all of your help!

Ben Wood - Thank you for letting your house be the storage unit for all of the raffle prizes and for putting together the power wheels course and for all of your help throughout that entire weekend! I appreciate it a great deal!

Kenny Smith - Thank you Kenny for bringing your trailer packed full of store stuff, for helping with setting up, for helping with the clean up, for taking care of the lights and everything! Thank you so much for all of your help with everything!!!

Greg Jackson - Thank you Greg for helping me get the raffle items to the event and being my “right hand” throughout the event. I really appreciate all of your help and thank you so much for always being there!

Tony Wheeler - Thank you Tony for being the raffle caller for the second year in a row, I am sensing a new job title for you, thank you so much! You did an amazing job and I appreciate all of your help with everything.

Mike Crandall - Thank you Mike for helping us wrap things up on Sunday. It was great to have all of that help so we could all get it done so quickly! Thank you so much for all of your help!

Clint Terrill - Thank you Clint for all of your help this weekend with everything, for being my sounding board and moral support, from rolling a full trash can while holding it out of the vehicle with on arm to taking downs signs and so many other things it is hard to list it all throughout the entire weekend! I truly do not know what I would have done without you and I really appreciate all of your help!

And last but certainly not least……..

Chris and Carla - Thank you for all that you guys do for all of us. Thank you for everything from being on the road with snow shovels trying to get mud off the road to coordinating the trail guides. I think I speak for all of us when I say how much we all appreciate all that you do for all of us! Thank you for all of your support!!!

Thank you for all of your help and for making this Wheel-in a great time despite the weather and for all that you do for us on a regular basis! Working for UFWDA is not always easy. Whether it is an environmentalist or a person that is clearly disgruntled for whatever reason or trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip on our operating budget, it is rarely a regular job here. It was really great to see everyone and remind ourselves why we do what we do and who we are doing it for. It is a great reminder that there are a lot of people out there that appreciate us and that means the world to us!!!!!! Thank you all for your continued support!

Thanks again -
Marti
Sharon
ghost

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

A BIG thank you  to you Marti, JOB WELL DONE. Where would we be without UFWDA!!!!!!!
Mike West
ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:00:36 pm »

I got to shake Chris's had this weekend and say thank you.
I tried to get over to you Carla and say thank you for being my very first trail guide at camp jeep in 2007 and getting me and my father hooked on this crazy lifestyle, but you were allway doing something...so thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Richard D.  ... Well thanks for the weather report on Thursday and you guys have shown me that Lost jeepers is truly a class operation that i may (operative word) pledge my undying devotion to.
And to Ben...   well i have see pictures now of how close i was... you were calm...cool...collected.  you choreographed and executed a perfect extraction of my girl with no more then a flair bolt popped.  Thank you...

To Marti and to Marti's post one word...AMEN!
Keith Fromme
ghost

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:06:20 pm »

Marti, you are the one everyone should be thanking.  You did a good job this year!  Thanks for putting together a wheeling event so I could go have fun.

Tidewater Fourwheelers
VAFWDA
UFWDA
Jason and Melissa
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »

We'd like to thank Marti and everyone at UFWDA who put on this event. It was good to wheel with other groups, and get to see more of Oak Ridge then we had previously.

We'd also like to thank our Trail Guide, Jimmy, for the great wheeling we did. We certainly got to see a lot of trails in the two days we were there.
jimmy hyman
ghost

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:50 pm »

marti,  thanks for all of your hard work to make the weekend a success!!!!!  you are the best!!!

jimmy
miketrae
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:30 pm »

marti,  thanks for all of your hard work to make the weekend a success!!!!!  you are the best!!!

jimmy

Quoted for truth.
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:07 pm »

Hey Marti.

Just wanted to thank you for a great time at the Wheel - In, Jill and I had a blast. We appreciate all your hard work in making this a super event!

Be well,
Richard

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Virginia Wheel-In 2009  |  Topic: Thank You!! « previous next »
Jump to: