UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 02:14:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
13,948 Posts in 3,169 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  South Central  |  Topic: Illegal Road Closures: Colorado « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Illegal Road Closures: Colorado  (Read 6587 times)
Dan Wagman

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 01:47:52 pm »

Please find the latest article on Congressman Lambornís ineffectiveness at the following link. This appeared in the Colo. Spgs. Independent on Thursday.

Media, please note that I am available for comment.

http://www.bodyintellect.com/forest_service/csi_lamborn_1-28-10.jpg 
Dan Wagman

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 05:51:08 pm »

Please note that the last public meeting for the South Rampart Travel Management Plan (TMP) took place earlier this month. You have until April 12 to submit your comments. The FS did a very good job of making information available for your review, such as comparison maps, comment forms, the presentation itself, etc. You may find everything you need here: http://southrampart.net/

What I find particularly interesting is that the proposed changes as seen in Alternative B and C (Alternative A is the current situation) do not match. Put another way, in Alternative B FSR 322A is supposed to be reopened yet in Alternative C it is supposed to be categorized as an Administrative trail. This is important because the TMP must be based on science, according to federal law (see 36 CFR 212 for more). So if the science indicates that a trail must be closed, it would seem that this should be so in both Alternatives. Unless, of course, the decision was NOT based on science, in which case it would appear to be arbitrary and capricious. This is the sort of thing the law does not like and would provide us with strong grounds for appeal. Please note that this situation applies to several roads, not just FSR 322A. 
Dan Wagman

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 06:12:44 pm »

Our Congressman, Doug Lamborn, has been highly INEFFECTIVE in helping us out on the issue of illegal road closures in the Pike National Forest. But that's not the only issue where he has demonstrated to be ineffective and we feel that he must be retired. Please click the link below to get the details:

http://www.DougLamborn.info
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 06:58:31 pm »

Nice site.
I wish you the best of luck with this.
It looks like it might be an easy election to remove an incumbent.
Many appear to be fed up with ineffective representation.
I've been fed up for years, but then I'm one of those "wacko" libertarians who believe the Federal Government should be limited to the powers granted them under the Constitution.

I'm rooting for you Dan

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Dan Wagman

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 08:56:14 am »

Thank you for your support, Pat.

Many of us, but certainly not all of us, are tired of the name calling. We feel that these two issues highlight how incompetent our Congressman is and in that light it is irrelevant to us that he is a Republican. Competence goes beyond political affiliation and it is time to give another person a shot at the job. It really IS that simple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  South Central  |  Topic: Illegal Road Closures: Colorado « previous next »
Jump to: