UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:41:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,027 Posts in 3,237 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Midwest  |  Topic: "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take it any More!" « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take it any More!"  (Read 780 times)
John Schnorr
Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association
ghost

« on: April 21, 2009, 02:51:24 pm »

This is the time for every OHV enthusiast in Wisconsin to echo those very words throughout the State Capitol! If you're tried of being treated as a second-class citizen simply because you prefer to ride or drive in the forests of Wisconsin, it's time to change that. Between now and April 28th, you have that chance!

On Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 the Wisconsin Governor's State Trails Council (STC) will meet at the State Capitol in Madison. At that meeting, the STC will receive a report which recommends improvements to the STC. It is vital that the STC accept and act upon this report. Please call your state legislators and ask them to drop by this meeting and encourage the STC to accept the recommendation and immediately increase membership on the STC to 11 seats. Ask that they insist that the STC follow the seat structure recommended by their own Ad Hoc Committee.

For additional imformation on this vitally important subject visit the Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association website at http://www.wohva.com.

Happy Trails,

John Schnorr
Legislative Director
Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association (WOHVA)
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:28:05 pm »

Personally and as State Trails Coordinator for the Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association (W4WDA) I fully agree with what John is saying.  I will be at that meeting and I assume John will be too.  A few things to add or possibly explain further John's statement would be to also cc what you send to your Reprentatives and Senator to the STC Chair, Randy Harden, at randy.harden@nohvis.com.  I would include in my statements that the STC should IMMEDIATELY work on initiating the new recommended structure that does not need legislation including the nine representatives that gives motorized a more equal representation on the STC. Also IMMEDIATELY start working on legislation to increase the STC from nine to eleven individuals that will then mandate a representative for 4-wheel drive vehicles (Jeeps, trucks, etc.) have their own seat.  As John states for more info go to the WOHVA website which gives you the direct link to the STC Ad Hoc Committee report!!  There is also a link there to give info on how to contact your specific representatives and senator.  Getting better representation on this council is vital to the motorized community in Wisconsin!!

Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:49:45 pm »

Good luck at the meeting!

We're rooting for you on the other side of the puddle.

Let us know how it works out.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:20:40 am »

John and Luana

How can UFWDA help?

Two years ago, we faced some of the same issues with the OHMVR division, that was run but mostly hikers, and others that we not friendly to motorized access.
That is now changed when the governor passed AB 742 here.  Motorized access has an equal say or more, as most of the funds come from green sticker gas tax.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Midwest  |  Topic: "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take it any More!" « previous next »
Jump to: