UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 01:47:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  South Central  |  Topic: Looking at where to live « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking at where to live  (Read 1153 times)
Luana Schneider
4 Lakes 4 Wheelers
ghost

« on: June 17, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

Met a gal at a gas station in Oklahoma on our way to the United meeting and she was wondering what area had the best and most wheeling opportunities--be it East of Dallas area in Texas or just north of there in Oklahoma.  That is a major factor as to where they want to move.  I told her I would put on inquiry out there--she currently does not have an e-mail address.  Send info to Andrea Szulwach, 3024 US Hwy 401B, Raeford, NC  28376.  Thanks
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »

Hi Luana, an interesting question and probably no easier to answer that the one about which is the best tire!

Thanks for attending another UFWDA meeting.  If airfares had been as low a few months ago as they are right now, then I might have joined you in Texas. Right now I can book a return flight to LA for NZ$1000 which is about US$640.

Kind regards
Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:01 am »

Luana

I would agree with Peter, as this is a very tough question.
I have never wheeled east of Nevada.

But if she did not mind snow, Colorado and Utah have some great wheeling.
If she wants warm or mild weather in the winter, then come further west to Nevada or California.

I know those are out of the range that she was asking for, but a few more suggestions.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  South Central  |  Topic: Looking at where to live « previous next »
Jump to: