UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:14:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,045 Posts in 3,251 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Mountain Adventures  |  Topic: Snowshoe After Action Report « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snowshoe After Action Report  (Read 3310 times)
Chris Boucher
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:22 am »

So, how was it?  Tell us, tell us! Grin
This thread is worthless without pictures!!
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:09:40 am »

Inquiring minds want to know!

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Al Handy
ghost

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:29:30 pm »

It was a little over 8 hour ride for me, over hill and dale, but worth all the "road" time, the group I was with were great!  The guide fantastic (Jeff I think it was, I am so bad with names), The members from the Hard Rock Crawlers made the trails even more enjoyable.  The trails were not for the faint of heart.  Challenging, both to driver and machine, compounded more by the morning mist and drizzle.  Day one we did Turkey Trout, Day two we were on Sub Station.  Can't wait to see the video! 

My Pictures, limited as they are, can be found at:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=230726662&albumId=1863511

It was a very enjoyable weekend.

What lacked, was the attendance, wish more of you were there.  I will make a point of trying to attend next year!   

Only one suggestion;  Hold it on a Friday and Saturday, next time.  Leave Sunday for the fixin' if need be and the drive home, or just to relax at a great vacation spot.

No complaints, I would like to thank our hosts, Hard Rock Crawlers that accepted me into their family, our guide and  QUADRATEC!!!   And as always the U4WDA. 

It doesn't get any better than this!     Grin
Keep Jeepin'
Al
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:56:16 am »

Al

Thanks for the update.  Glad that you had a great time.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Darryl Allen
ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:03 pm »

Great Wheeling Trip!!  Marty and Clint did a great job pulling this event off.  We had 6 Jeeps from our club; Hard Roock Crawlers of Southern Md.  The wheeling was better than expected and the local guides were great.   The trails seem to remain wet most of the year and  this addded to the enjoyment.  Scenery is outstanding and worth the tow up the mountain. I definitely recommend we repeat this event next year and that if your wondering if it is worth the trip and cost, it is.  Having a Snowshoe village across the parking lot was a good change from tents and bathhouses.  Resturants were nice and the food great, prices were reasonable as well.  Our guide Jeff was super nice and we welcomed him to our club web site and would wheel with him anyday.  We did 90% of the trails in two long days and never crossed the same path.  The harder trails is as always in the eye of the beholder but I would sum them up on a scale of 1-10 as a 6 with some 7's or blue black/black.  This is based on my experience in the mid atlantic and south east trails and Off Road Parks.

Inserting link to my shutterfly site with pics and some video's. 

http://allenfamilyjeeps.shutterfly.com/

Thanks for a great weekend.

Later Darryl

Darryl Allen
Hard Rock Crawlers
Southern Md
Tom
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:03 pm »

A bit late, but wanted to say thanks to everyone who put this event on and made it happen. The group from HRC all had a great time. Jeff, our trail guide, was top notch (probably one of the best guides I've seen to be honest) and worked hard to make the experience enjoyable by all. It was also great meeting and wheeling with Al. We had a perfect group of people to wheel with that weekend. Trails were a lot of fun too. Can't wait for the next event. Again, thanks all and I also need to give a thanks out to Quadratec for their support.

-Tom
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Mountain Adventures  |  Topic: Snowshoe After Action Report « previous next »
Jump to: