UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 04:38:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
13,952 Posts in 3,173 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northwest  |  Topic: WA Approved the plan for a 4x4 TRAIL SYSTEM IN THE YACOLT BURN « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WA Approved the plan for a 4x4 TRAIL SYSTEM IN THE YACOLT BURN  (Read 1706 times)
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association

« on: September 23, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »

I'm passing this along from the S10Extremist.org forums.

Washington State HAS APPROVED the plan for a 4x4 TRAIL SYSTEM IN THE YACOLT BURN !! Let me hear a Big WOOO HOOOOOO !! Thanks to all of you that have helped in this matter.. either physically at a "Clean Up The Burn" event, or by participating in our " Woody's 4x4 Cruise In". or Financially by buying raffle tickets or actually just plain donating money ( which has been done by some of you ! ps Thanks )

The State has approved our First Stage plan. It will include 25 miles of 4x4 Trails and Features. I will start a new posting regarding this announcement when I see it in writing. We are supposed to actually see the approved map of trails on like Sept 9. We should begin work in October ? and We Will Have Trails... hopefully at the Start of next season. ( Spring ).

We are Calling To Action all 4x4 enthusiasts. We WILL Need your help to do this. The state budget did not offer us any money... ( we told them all along that if money is not available... We can still make this happen. ) So we got approval... no money. That is OK... We have had so many offers to help that we are not worried. We will be calling in those offers now.

What you can do.....

1) Come to the Pick Up The Burn clean up event... flyer and map to follow.. Event is Saturday, Sept 26 .

Last year over 100 people attended and it made a huge impact on the members of the DNR and other competing user groups. We hope you will support us as you did.. or more.

And 2) ... Again... Come to the Cruise In at Woody's 4x4. on Sunday Oct 4. flyer to follow.

Your presence and support will go a long way to help this project.

Later we will be organizing the actual building of the trails.. Most are already on the ground and will just require work to make them more fun. Some volunteers will be needed who have specialized skills ( dozers, truck drivers, etc ) to move or place rock.

(Sorry for the late notice on the Clean up....)

more info to be found below...

http://pistonswildforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=yacoltburntrailproject&action=display&thread=442

Cruising info.......

Piston's Wild 4x4 Cruise-In
@ Woody's 4x4
Sunday - October 4, 2009
9:00am - 3:00pm
6408 NE St. Johns Road
Vancouver, WA 98661

Piston's Wild Motorsports is proud to announce our 2nd annual 4x4 Cruise-In being held again at Woody's 4x4 in Vancouver, Washington.

The purpose of this event is to raise additional funding for the construction and maintenance of 4x4 trails in the Yacolt Burn Forest.

Judging: 1:00pm
Trophy Presentation: 2:00pm
Pre-Registration: $10
Late Registration $15 (after 9/20/09)

Fun & Games for Everyone
Raffle Drawing & Prizes

Don't miss the return of the infamous "Whiz-Off" Competition

Trophies for 10 Categories:

Woody's Choice
Piston's Wild Choice
People's Choice
Best Rock Crawler
Best Equipped
Best Project
Pavement Princess
Rust Bucket
Best Restoration
Most Prepared

There will also be trophies awarded for best achievement of articulation on the RTI Ramp for both Street & Trail and Unlimited Classes.

Yacolt burn clean up info.........

In the YACOLT BURN. This system will ultimately be fashioned after Brownscamp. It will be the closest trail system to the Portland and Vancouver Metropolitan area and we expect a lot of use will occur.

This clean up project is VERY IMPORTANT in keeping the 4x4 community on good terms with the other forest users and the Department of Natural Resources.

Last year we had an unbelievable event. We had over 100 4x4 enthusiasts attend the Clean Up. It made very quick work of the task and TOTALLY Blew Away the DNR. This was an important step in developing the relationship that is required to be able to use the forest. And in this case... Be AWARDED a NEW 4x4 TRAIL SYSTEM.

You will be rewarded with an awesome day in the forest.. maybe see some of the potential trails and explore the area. Donuts will be provided in the Morning and Lunch in the afternoon.

Meeting location has changed to:

LOCATION IS AT JONES CREEK TRAILHEAD at the Yacolt Burn.

Driving Directions:

From either northbound or southbound I-5, take I-205 exit towards Vancouver, WA. Use Hwy 500 East (Exit 30-Orchards Exit). Go east on Hwy 500 to Fourth Plain (1st light) and turn right continuing on Hwy 500 East (toward Camas). Go 6.3 miles, turn left on 53rd St. Go 3.2 miles, turn left on Ireland Rd. Go 0.3 miles turn left on Lessard Rd. Continue on Lessard Road for 4 miles and follow signs to Jones Creek ORV.

W122-18'39.13" N45-40'0.39"

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
dds4x4
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:02:54 pm »

GREAT work for the WA folks!!
Todd Ockert

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:01:07 pm »

Great work guys. 
Please keep us informed and let us know what we can help with.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Paul Hittie
Just a guy with a Jeep!

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:01:10 pm »

Glad to hear some positive news for a change, so many times the word "trail" is followed by "closed" not "newly approved" -  keep up the good work!

Member - What Lies Beyond Jeep Club
VP - Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Todd Ockert

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 01:17:52 am »

I am no longer on the PNW forums, as it looks like they upgraded their forum software and my account was deleted.

But when I can post, I will let the club know that I want to put them and this area on the list for the outstanding trails nominations for 2010.
I will be in contact with BFG shortly about the process again for next year.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Grumpy
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:41:41 pm »

I am no longer on the PNW forums, as it looks like they upgraded their forum software and my account was deleted.

But when I can post, I will let the club know that I want to put them and this area on the list for the outstanding trails nominations for 2010.
I will be in contact with BFG shortly about the process again for next year.

Todd

Anything happen with this yet?
Todd Ockert

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »

Yup

I am back on the forums, and have pulled info from the forums about these trails to add them to the nominations for 2010.

It looks like BFG will do five trails again this year.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Grumpy
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:51:33 am »

Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northwest  |  Topic: WA Approved the plan for a 4x4 TRAIL SYSTEM IN THE YACOLT BURN « previous next »
Jump to: