UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:45:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,077 Posts in 3,274 Topics by 974 Members
Latest Member: Johann
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Trade Shows & Events  |  Topic: LOSTJEEPERS HOST BENEFIT POKER RUN FOR UFWDA « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOSTJEEPERS HOST BENEFIT POKER RUN FOR UFWDA  (Read 3668 times)
LAURA STONE
ghost

« on: October 27, 2009, 12:07:36 pm »

LOST JEEPERS IS HOSTING A POKER RUN TO BENEFIT UFWDA.  DEC 6 2009 AT SHOE CREEK  POKER HANDS ARE 10.00  50 PERCENT TO BE PD OUT TO UFWDA  OTHER FOR 1ST 2ND AND 3RD PLACES.  COME OUT AND HELP US RAISE SOME MONEY FOR  UFWDA.  ANYONE WISHING TO MAKE A DONATION CAN DO SO. AND THANKS LAURA STONE
Chris Boucher
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 09:14:26 am »

We plan to be there and WIN BIG!
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »

Laura,
I've shared the news with our club. Will you be posting specifics on time and location to meet soon? Thanks!

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
LAURA STONE
ghost

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 02:04:46 pm »

FIRST VEHICLE ON THE TRAIL AT 9 AM LAST VEHICLE AT 11AM WE WILL HAVE A TABLE SET UP IN THE BEGINNING SO THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR POKER HAND THEN ALONG THE TRAIL  THERE WILL BE TABLES WHERE YOU CAN PULL YOUR CARDS  THE LAST STOP WILL BE AT THE BATHROOM. IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER INFO   PLEASE DONT HESTATE TO EMAIL ME. THANK YOU FOR HELPING US SUPPORT UFWDA.   
charlestrm
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:13:37 pm »

I'm not familiar with that area or this run. Is this a trail ride? and where is it located?
Chris Boucher
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »

It is a trail ride, and open to all 4WD vehicles.  Trail takes at least 2 hours (expect longer with card stops).

Shoe Creek Trail is located in central Virginia, off Route 151, about halfway in between Charlottesville, VA and Lynchburg, VA.

This should get you close to the trail head from Luray...

CLICK HERE

Starting at the bottom of the Shoe creek trail. First card drawn there.
Other cards drawn at spots along the trail as you drive up the trail.
The first vehicle starts at 9 am. Last vehicle allowed at 11 am.
Last card drawn at the parking lot at the top (where the bathrooms are).
You do not have to be present to win the best poker hand. You can leave your poker sheet with your contact info on it with the staff.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:22:31 pm by Chris Boucher » Logged
Carrie Seningen
ghost

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »

I am not familiar with this trail. Do vehicles have to be tagged and 'street legal'? Trailer parking? If not we are in. Hope we make it farther than we did at the last poker run at Oakridge.

Daily Driver, if it flips im f*&ked!!
Chris Boucher
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:12:01 am »

It is a FS road, so those rules apply.  I thought you guys had at least one street legal Jeep?
Carrie Seningen
ghost

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 11:53:07 am »

I got payoff plus some for the built Rubi so I took it and ran. We havent been driving it on the road or trail since I got my Cruiser. We have the built Cruiser and the built XJ. Then the DDs, a subi and a dodge truck (tow rig).

Daily Driver, if it flips im f*&ked!!
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 07:21:26 pm »

URGENT! EVENT RESCHEDULED

Ok folks, just got the word that the event is going to be rescheduled for Saturday, December 19th, same time, same place.

2 of our members went to check out the Shoe Creek trail and just called on the way back from Amherst, the trail is impassable. 6 inches of snow, and still snowing.

Be well,
Richard

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Richard Drechsel
UFWDA Director of Public Relations
ghost

Lost Jeepers, VA4WDA, UFWDA

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 05:49:09 pm »

Hey folks.

Due to the passing of Carla Boucher's father, known by some of you as Poppee, a retired Ohio Police Officer, we are cancelling the event out of respect for her and her family. For those of you that don't know, Carla is the Legal Council for the United Four Wheel Drive Association. She and her husband Chris are both known by the wheeling community for their contributions both on and off the trails.

We will reschedule the ride. It'll be posted when we have the new date nailed down.

Be well,
Richard
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:09:32 pm by Richard Drechsel » Logged

'87 Jeep Wrangler YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 Jeep WranglerTJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Trail Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

When was this rescheduled too?

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Trade Shows & Events  |  Topic: LOSTJEEPERS HOST BENEFIT POKER RUN FOR UFWDA « previous next »
Jump to: