UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:25:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,011 Posts in 3,222 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Digital Voice « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Digital Voice  (Read 1555 times)
JC
« on: August 20, 2009, 06:57:42 am »

The new digital version of The Voice is super! I really like that it is just like having the magazine, ads and all. The Uniflip feature is really neat too as it adds to the feel of having the rag in hand! Thanks to all who had a part in putting this together. I am also pleased that something so nice could actually decrease my dues! Keep up the good work United, I'm behind you all the way!
Paul Hittie
Just a guy with a Jeep!
ghost

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:09:39 pm »

I am kind of old fashioned - I like paper in my hand.  But the UniFlip format is great, and feels more like a magazine than a flat PDF file.  When you add in the cost savings over the paper version, I am more than willing for this old dog to learn a new trick or two!

Member - What Lies Beyond Jeep Club
VP - Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Chris Boucher
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »

I'm felt the same way, but I like this new version, too.
Thanks for putting it together Chris P.!

Old Dog Chris
Paul Hittie
Just a guy with a Jeep!
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:09:45 am »

OK so now that the dust has settled. and we (I think) have all settled in to the new format, I want to come back to my original concern about switching over to a digital version of the Voice.  I have traditionally used my copies of the Voice along with copies of GLFWDA Boondocker in the waiting areas of our two offices and for additional "props" for various displays we set up all over the state at offroad events, car/jeep/truck shows, etc.  Folks new to the sport, legislators, USFS and DNR staff, and seasoned offroaders alike readily grab copies of whatever we make available.  We can't afford big national advertising campaigns, but my experience has been that putting stuff in people's hands creates conversation. 

Can JPFreek support a limited subscription-based paper copy? 

If not, we need to make arrangements to develop a high-quality 4-page handout, glossy tri-fold, or something similar for not only UFWDA-attended events (what do we send with our folks to SEMA for example?) but also for our member Clubs and Associations to use alongside their own promotional materials.  I recently attended an event at a state convention for a non-UFWDA Association on behalf of UFWDA, and I had nothing available to hand out to the 100+ participants at the offroad event or the 25+ in attendance at the meeting the following day where we were invited to speak on behalf of UFWDA. 

I realize a significant part of the world uses electronic media exclusively for communications, but there are a lot of places where sticking something in someone's hand is a plus.

Member - What Lies Beyond Jeep Club
VP - Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Doug Saul
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:31:58 pm »

I agree!
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »

Paul,
You're correct that we need 'something' to stick in someones hand and Marti is working on just such a tool. We should be evaluating that at the AGM this year.
jim-kb8ymf
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 08:48:06 am »

There use to be a tri-fold for membership that could be passed out.
It needs to be updated and reprinted.

If we could find a print shop that supports wheeling, then we use someone that supports our sport.
I know of two here in Cali, and could forward info to them if we have a new design layout.

Or I can send their info to the BOD so they can go out with the RFP to these two places.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Digital Voice « previous next »
Jump to: