UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 05:54:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,048 Posts in 3,254 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA Programs  |  Awareness (Safety Awareness) & Education  |  Topic: 4wd Awareness - VA « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4wd Awareness - VA  (Read 1868 times)
Bean74
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:11 pm »

Recently, my jeep club partnered up with another club and held a UFWDA 4wd Awareness class, taught by Dave Logan. From what I understand, this was the largest group to be taught at one time, with close to 30 people in attendance.

For anyone that has never participated in this program, I must say that it is well worth the time and money. There was a wide variety of participants, from the newbies, to the grizzly veterans. Dave did an EXCELLENT job with his presentation, along with the hands on demonstrations to make sure that everyone walked away with some sort of knowledge and or added knowledge pertaining to our hobby. His personal experiences and wisdom are unbelievable and his teaching methods make you want to sit in class and learn for as long as he is willing to teach.

I hope that anyone that has never attended one of these programs will take the opportunity to either get one set up in your area or attend one close by, it really is worth it.

It was a great privilege to not only meet Dave, but to experience first hand all of the wonderful things I have heard about him and his presentation!

A huge thanks to Marti, Richard, and Dave for making all of this happen!!

-Chris
Doug Saul
ghost

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:51 am »

I have attended UFWDA 4WD Safety Awareness Class and met Dave Logan a few times, just not done these items together.
But I will second Chris on the opportunity to participate, if the event is in your area.  I had to travel to my neighboring state of Michigan, but the time and expense was worth it!
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:21:53 pm »

^^^ +1

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA Programs  |  Awareness (Safety Awareness) & Education  |  Topic: 4wd Awareness - VA « previous next »
Jump to: